Notices

Film warning -Killers

Old 06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Film warning -Killers

My beau talked me into seeing a film starring Ashton Kusher against my better judgment. I became even more worried when I saw that Kusher was the producer - as a vehicle for him to show his abs off now and then apparently. In addition to the non-ending gratuitous violence and lack of plot was the use of an alcoholic character for comedic effect. She drank morning, noon and night and no one, including her husband, ever commented on it. People in the audience were laughing. She was always perfectly groomed and manicured and always searching for a bottle. Ha ha ha so funny. I was very offended. Hopefully the movie's overall lack of redeeming value will give it a short run.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the heads up, I will steer clear of that one. I cringe for all of those addict characters anymore. Yes, it does stink of discrimination towards addicts when they do that junk but even if it is a serious movie about a problem it bothers me.

Maybe I see myself in those people which makes me uncomfortable but it also offends me at the insensitivity being shown towards people who are having a hard time with addiction.