Notices

Getting my drivers licensce back today!!

Old 05-15-2010, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting my drivers licensce back today!!

It's been a very long 3 months!! I get my license back today,after my dui charge in January...it brings me back to that night, and how that one night has changed my life forever......110 days sober.....I'm so happy to be getting it back, but also just sad that I lost it to begin with....but the lessons learned are really priceless....

Happy Sober Saturday My Friends
Old 05-15-2010, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Hope you learn better and faster than I did.

I lost it for 30 days and really learned my lesson.........until I lost it on dui #2 which REEEEALLY taught me a lesson I didn't want to EVER live again.........until #3 taught me even MORE how drinking and driving is reeeeeally frowned upon by the cops - that one got me a 5yr revocation (NO driving / not chance for appeal).

Needless to say, I continued to drink for another 8 months before I good 'ol H.P. and AA hooked me up.

Best of luck to you and congrats!
Old 05-15-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey loveontwolegs - thanks for posting. I will be starting my 90 days without within 2 weeks. Seems so daunting as I live in a very pretty rural area and I cannot say that the lack of being able to drive will help in my job search But, commit the crime, do the time. Cannot wait to get where you are! As that will also mean that many more days sober.

Daytrader! Thanks for posting and serving as the "Don't" example
Old 05-16-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi porkchopped! It was a long 3 months...you know that saying "you don't know what you got till it's gone" well that says it all!! I was almost in tears when I got it back..I was soooooo grateful....

Best of wishes in your job search....maybe you can have a friend/relative drive you to your interviews?? do you have bus service in your town?

Take care
Old 05-16-2010, 05:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks love.. I'll figure it out..and soon too! haha