Notices

I'm here for an a$$kickin..

Old 04-17-2010, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober member

I'm here for an a$$kickin..

Hello to all,I am a daily 12 packer and 2 packs/day cigs plus 1 joint daily spread out over the day AFTER work.

and use klonopin for sleep when awake in middle of the night,usually 1 mg. a day and not when I'm gonna drink alot,I wait 5 or 6 hours inbetween.

Im gonna save this thread and goto an AA meeting tomorrow,gonna need a kick to 'keep' moving and will be logging in here =daily,maybe do a blog so as not to annoy the forum LOL

those that have known me for 4 years now know I am cqapable of disappearing for months on end,I promise I wont do that anymore,if I plan on going back to my usual behavior, I will post it,promise! LOL

AA tomorrow,I'm ready to live again!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober member

need some kind of kick tho,nobody gives a crap here
Old 04-17-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Homer, I'm really not the ass-kicking type, but I have been known to tell folks who've been in and out that if they keep drinking, they're going to die.

So, Homer, get sober or die, man.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 04-17-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey patrick
got here as fast as I could - I just woke up LOL

I retired from asskicking ...I finally figured out all I can do is share my experience, and let it go from there...it's your ball P.

I dunno about you, but when I was lying around the house in a drunken stupor I had this dream of who I wanted to be and what my life would be like.....

Now I'm living it, man.

It's taken a lot of hard work - hardest thing I've ever done in a lot of ways - but it's so worthwhile it soon didn't feel like work, you know?

I hope you going to the meeting can be the start of something good P. - you deserve a life better than the one you're giving yourself right now.

D
Old 04-17-2010, 03:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober member

been to meetings before,just kinda sat there like the other guy who had been mandated by the courts to attend
didnt speak a word,just pity on the ppl that did speak of they worst case scenarios of being drunk.

since i lack support here at home(possibly because my promises are worth ****),im turning to you ppl!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So, Homer, get sober or die, man.

THat's not a kick, it's a fact. I hope you take some action soon.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

My drugging/drinking was what kicked my @ss...so I'm not much as a @ss kicker, but I sure know about being @ss kicked as a result. Funny how a good beating can motivate me...seems your motivated too...excellent!

Just do as you say you'll be doing and keep up with it. Will be seeing you around here...right. Glad to see your going to give sobriety another try.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Homer38 View Post
been to meetings before,just kinda sat there like the other guy who had been mandated by the courts to attend
didnt speak a word,just pity on the ppl that did speak of they worst case scenarios of being drunk.

since i lack support here at home(possibly because my promises are worth ****),im turning to you ppl!
Support at home.... Dude, when are you going to realise that its up to you - I know many go on and on about AA (its cool if it does it for them) but its you that has to do it.....

Now get of you drunken arse and do something about it.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I believe alcoholics don't need any one to beat them down, they do a bang up job of their own!

A friend of mine has a picture hanging on his wall saying some people's sole purpose in life is to be an example for others.

When, I see a new commer or, a person that's been sober go back out and try it again and come back for their first meeting, I'm convinced being sober is the right path to be on. Only thing left out there is more pain should I ever pick up a drink again
Old 04-17-2010, 03:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

well maybe im different ...id gladly kick your backside if it would help... lol
but at a guess id say your probably doing a great job yourself..

keep posting mate you dont annoy me......in fact you sound alot like me before i held my hands above my head..

grab a bigbook and work through the steps with a sponsor.....you need to take action.......and i dont mean just going to meeting.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back Patrick....
Old 04-18-2010, 12:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober member

thanks everybody,tonight will be y 1st meeting in a while.the tension in my home can be cut with a butter knife.I just want to blame everyone for everything right now.
I will keep in touch.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

homer,I am glad you made it back...it has been a while..was thinking of you some time ago..

sounds like booze and life [your way] is kicking your butt
Old 04-18-2010, 05:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

As I heard in these very forums, We don't shoot our wounded... or kick or maim, etc.

Welcome back. Keep coming back.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

As it has already been said, your disease is kicking your ass, Fight back! It takes a lot of work and diligence. You can do this Patrick, you've got to do this or you are going to lose everything. Put your all into your recovery, a sober life, and your family before it is to late.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

"those that have known me for 4 years now know I am cqapable of disappearing for months on end,I promise I wont do that anymore,if I plan on going back to my usual behavior, I will post it,promise! LOL"

Hey man don't make promises you can't keep. Just keep doing. It's about you, not about us.