Notices

Dear Bottle,

Old 02-09-2010, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dear Bottle,

Dear Bottle,
It has taken me some time to find the right words to say to you and although they are difficult I really think you need to hear them. In the beginning of our friendship you told me that you would help me through my challenges and struggles at home, with my relationships, and even my self-esteem. You asked me to look to you and entrust in you all that mattered most to me. You assured me often that all I needed to do was to let you handle all of my worries, that you were familiar with them and I would be better if I did.

Our friendship was based on the notion that we agreed to never disagree, and in doing so it meant I would do things your way! As time went on I started to be concerned about the decisions that you were encouraging me to make but I trusted you. I know now looking back that I could of done things on my own but, you made it so easy for me to look to you. After all you never did leave me lonely, put me down,[or tell me I was ugly.

I must say that I am going miss you but only on occasion when I am around others that talk, look, and smell like you. This romance has been bittersweet no matter how much I reminisce the good times never exceeded the bad!

I am grateful for what we had as difficult as it was believing all of your lies but, these days I have decided there is nothing left between us, that you and I aren't compatible for one another, never have been never will be. Good luck finding someone who will admire, trust, and believe the best in you.

By the way I won't be able to attend your pity party, I have too much going on for the rest of my life.

Your old friend,

michelle

My first assignment! Honestly, this felt magnificent!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

VERY WELL PUT!!! Thank you so much for sharing.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Wow! What a goodbye letter. . . that was obviously written from the heart. I hope yu don't mind if I copy this and read it in my Celebrate Recovery Group. Thank you for sharing this with us.

God Bless,
Judy