Notices

day 5

Old 01-22-2010, 06:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
trying to recover

day 5

hiya everyone.

well, i've made it to 5 days sober. which is a small miracle considering i'm on huge doses of morphine for back pain, suffer depression and i'm nursing my father in law through cancer. the cancer things actually helping. i worry that if we get a phonecall during the night to say he is ready to pass i'll be unconcious with drink. small mercy's eh?
Old 01-22-2010, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing your progress with us.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ermy... hang in there. Remember (and I will to) drinking will not make anything your going through easier or change the outcome. I'll pray for you! Who knows if it will work, but it can't hurt right?

Best of luck!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
trying to recover

day 6

6 days? this has to be a record. last time i went this long was 2 and a half years ago, when i was in hospital having my gall bladder out! i'm noticing how much i am enjoying normal conversation with my kids, they are so beautiful.

i have a niggling little voice in the back of my head saying " i've done so well this week, perhaps a bottle of wine for a treat?" but i'm not giving in. it'll never just be a bottle of wine or a treat, just straight back on that downhill slope.

last week i got up early (5am) with my back pain, having drank half a bottle of vodka the night before. i then took 40 mg of morphine and 2 paracetamol for my back. i felt awful, shaking, temperature, nausea. i slept all day and had awful dreams. i got a rude awakening that day. i've had the attitude for a long time that it didnt matter if i died, that morning made me realise that it bloody does matter!

i dont want to feel like that again. don't want the day to day paranoia eg can people tell i'm still drunk?, can they smell it?

so heres to day 6 and a hopefully successful day 7

thanks

ermy xx
Old 01-23-2010, 08:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ermy go giRL, good on you, it aint easy, you gotta look at them little faces of your kids
an think i wanna be around for these guys growing up! im in a similar kid situ!!
best o luck, :ghug3
Old 01-23-2010, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by ermy View Post
i'm noticing how much i am enjoying normal conversation with my kids, they are so beautiful.
This type of reward of sobriety is priceless. Enjoy it