Notices

state BAC record wow

Old 12-30-2009, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

state BAC record wow

Woman's blood alcohol content topples state records

thats one heck of a BAC level .. Thank gawd no one was hurt ..
Old 12-30-2009, 01:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wow! I was a nurse, for 12 years, and I was surprised when I saw BAC's of over .4 with the person sitting there talking to me. Of course, that was before I became the addict that I did and found out that isn't so high.....sad.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-30-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Wow is right....with a BAC like that makes me believe in spontaneous human combustion.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

But for the grace of God , there go I
Old 12-30-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I wonder if she had to have dialysis to rid her body of those toxins. She really does need some serious help.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I read the comments in there and they have there doubts.

I was said to be .375 when I was about comatose at the age of 15. The EMT was also my physics teacher in high school and the first aid teacher. Gotta love small towns. They wear a lot of hats. All I know about my drinking that night was that my older brother took me to a biker party and I was doing double shots with the guys. I had my brother worried about my intake. While he was lecturing me about that he had to step outside and puke. I padded him on the back and said, "Maybe you ought to slow down bro."

I was found in a ditch somewhere and my brother and his wife could not get me to come to. They were crying. They took me to their apt and called 911. They said that my heart was beating so slow that my hands and feet were blue. They couldn't pump my stomach for some reason. The next day, it was evident that someone gave me something trying to get me to get sick.

I woke up the next morning and was hangin' pretty bad, but I didn't think it was any worse than any other hangover. I was still sort of drunk. Had peed me pants. Later on that morning I'd gotten sick and I pretty much puked up a can of copenhegan. Thanks Quint. That was a brilliant idea.

So... 0.708. Hats off to her. I wonder how good the guys look at 0.708. Them South Dakota boys might have had a chance that night. I am a sick dawg.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

oh, I have no doubt. I've read enough stories here of high BAC's and know that people build up an incredible tolerance. It's just sad that someone has THAT much alcohol in their body, yet keeps drinking

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-30-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Holy wow, I've got an aquaintance who blew .6, that's the highest I've heard until this. Yes, but for the grace of God.......
Old 12-30-2009, 02:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

One would think that she would of went steight to the hospital for observation and detox . but apparently they just released her . I used to live in that area. And theres been many questions to what and whys. there was one that they called mr dui .. 32 counts of Dui's that they are aware of and they just kept letting him go , another where the person was released and only to get right back into the car and get another one only hours or so after there release .. sad sad .. but yah thats one lady who needs a major hand of help ... looks like shes gonna get it not of her own free will .. its called grand theft auto and that means jail . but sad thing is , most know forced recovery seldom works .. prayers she finds help ..
Old 12-30-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Nonexistent Willpower

Well

What's wrong with 9 times the legal limit?
(You might be an alcoholic if....)

Those Sturgis women are rough to say the least.....
Old 12-30-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Wow, I've never heard of a BAC that high...

Originally Posted by endzoner View Post
but sad thing is , most know forced recovery seldom works .. prayers she finds help ..
How so very true sadly. My step-cousin recently had a choice 2 years of jail or 2 years of locked down sober living. She chose sober living and I really hope it helps her but I'm concerned about it not being her choice.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

from Blood Alcohol Content | Cracked.com

1.0.914 is the world record for highest-ever recorded BAC that did not result in death. A 67 year-old Bulgarian man wandered into a hospital after being hit by a truck and they checked his BAC with multiple instruments, thinking that their equipment must be faulty.

2.The previous record was 0.80 held by a Lithuanian.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

A homeless woman was found frozen in a Chicago ally and when the paramedics went to pick her up she was stiff as a board. The ER physician pronounced her DOA and sent her straight to the morgue. The pathologist attempted to take a blood sample but it would not flow into the Syringe.

He left her to thaw for a few hours and when he came back she was heading for the exit.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My personal "record" is .35 & I was still able to rant and rave at the hospital staff. They had to shoot me up with something & I awoke 10 hours later dazed and confused as to where exactly I was drinking at the night before.

tiburon
Old 12-31-2009, 01:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

l was admitted to a detox center in 2005 with alc. levels that would have killed a lesser man.
After they checked me out they put me in a single room with a bed.
Half an hour later l sneaked out and went to a bar one kilometer up the road ( Almost got hit by a car 2 times)
They were rather angry when l came back.
The things you will do for a drink...
Glad that's all behind me... l hope...
Old 12-31-2009, 01:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

prayers for this lady sis,,there goes a still suffering alcoholic imo.sad.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Check out this lady, she had a .72!!!! Drunkest Driver Ever? - January 10, 2008
Old 12-31-2009, 07:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Folks, I'm seeing pronouncements on Twitter and elsewhere that this .72 BAC means that alcohol comprised more than 70 percent of the woman's bloodstream. That is patently untrue, correct? It means than almost 1 percent (actually .72 percent) of her blood was alcohol. I realize it's probably more complicated than that, but it bothers me how so many people (not here at SR) publicly, and flippantly, abuse these terms.

It's important because the truth of the matter is that a tiny amount of this poison we call alcohol, relative to our body weight, has a terrible effect on us. A BAC of .15 is a tiny amount of anything relative to the blood and/or water in our bodies, yet look at the devastating effects it can have – short term or longterm.

I'm no health expert, but generally, I'm correct here, right?

Happy New Year folks. 234 days sober. More than 20 million heartbeats and loving it!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I've never understood how the BAC thing works....all I know, I looked into the eyes of the woman Taz posted about....and it could have been me...could have been.

This stuff is just scary, isn't it? Why can't we get a handle on it? Are we passing it on to our kids......etc?

Sorry for the side rant.....just feeling grateful for a sober life. And realizing how easy it would be to still be that drunk.

Thanks, endzy.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Durnit! I wrote this giant thing about how BAC works, and the board issues kicked me out. I'll write it again in Word, if it kicks me out again, PM me and I'll send you all the chemistry you'll ever want to know.