Notices

One week down - a lifetime to go

Old 11-15-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One week down - a lifetime to go

Hey all today is day 7 and I just wanted to check it. Things are going very well. I have had such a good week / weekend. Yesterday, I went for a run, cleaned the house, played golf, then went to dinner and got home a little late. I woke up a little tired today given yesterday's hectic day, BUT NOT HUNGOVER. It's amazing the difference between waking up tired and being very hungover. I WAS tired this morning, but started to feel good around 11am and got a lot of house work done. Our bodies are so resiliant and are capable of so much when we're not feeding it a steady diet of POISON!

A week ago, I would not have gone for a run, cleaned the house, played golf, or have gone to dinner. Instead, I would have sat my lazy asss on the couch and tried to recover from Friday nights drinking, then started drinking "a few beers" around 3pm moving to whisky at 6pm and drank till 2am.

I AM NOT EVER GOING TO LIVE THAT WAY AGAIN. I am looking forward to the Colts game tonight. Good dinner, then some good coffee, and hopefully a Colts win. Good luck everyone!
Old 11-15-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 7 here as well. Congrats to us.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

go Colts!

and congratulations!
Old 11-15-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I always munch on and drink Ice Tea
while watching Atlanta.
I also wear my team logo T-shirt.

Hope your Colts play better than the Falcons did today.
2 costly interceptions and a missed field goal ...
Geez!

Glad you are staying positive and busy...
Old 11-15-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome. Always good to see someone new and a Colts fan. (although we are down 10 right now and need to get our buts in gear). NE looks good.

Are you in Indy? That's my hometown and I get back occasionally. Are you working AA or any other program for your recovery?
Old 11-15-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey, I'm in Indy. Lived here most of my life. There are some great meetings all over town.

Goofish let's keep it up. One day at a time.

PS. that fumble in the end zone was huge for us Colts fans!!! Ahhh... just last week I was at the game drinking like an idot, tonight enjoying the game and not missing the action fixing drinks!!! It's funny, I'm not as "thirsty" when booze isn't involved. Just have had one cup of coffee and a water during this game...
Old 11-16-2009, 01:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When I am up there for the holidays maybe we can hit a meeting together? I am coming up for Thanksgiving.

What a shocker win for the Colts and what a dumba$$ play call by Belichek - going for it on 4th and 2 at the Colts 30! The turnovers kinda canceled each other out. And our receivers dropped a lot of passes but Reggie held on to the one that counted. Great win!

That said I don't want to play those dudes again.

Stay sober and keep posting.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No kidding. I hate playing the Pats... they are so good, but luckily Bilichek's arrogance finally cost him a win! I'm tired today and have not been sleeping well at all since stopping, will this change? I'm up till 1 or 2 am every night and waking up at 7:30. Not enough sleep...
Old 11-16-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 7 days, and also on the Colts win. It sure would be fun to see our teams in the superbowl...(Vikings Vs. Colts)
Old 11-17-2009, 07:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by waistedyears View Post
No kidding. I hate playing the Pats... they are so good, but luckily Bilichek's arrogance finally cost him a win! I'm tired today and have not been sleeping well at all since stopping, will this change? I'm up till 1 or 2 am every night and waking up at 7:30. Not enough sleep...
Yes, that will change. I started sleeping like baby after awhile. And not waking up hungover. What I was getting wasn't sleep, it was unconciousness.
I hope you notice many improvements in your life, besides sleep. It'll come.

Colts New England was a heck of a game. Congrats.
I'm a lowly Packer fan.