Notices

Stomach Ulcers

Old 10-14-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stomach Ulcers

I am 23 and have an ulcer/er's, 24/7 pain (without nexium or protonix) when they flare (coming off binges) has other people experienced the pains of an ulcer? btw my dumbut still drinks with them, then i eat 1. time a day, late night then in the morning i throw it up. In a weird way I am happy that i have an ulcer cause EVENTUALLY i will have to quit or it will start bleeding and ill be in the hospital.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Heathen

I have never had ulcers, but I do know that bleeding ulcers can lead to death if not treated properly.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I think you need to have a honest talk with your doctor
about the fact your drinking with an ulcer.

EVENTUALLY
I think you are there now and hope you
get medical assistance.

You really are at risk ..
Old 10-14-2009, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
I think you need to have a honest talk with your doctor
about the fact your drinking with an ulcer.

I think you are there now and hope you
get medical assistance.

You really are at risk ..
Yeah, and I have hit "bottom" but I guess it will take me to hit ROCK bottom to quit for good, and that sucks for me.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey, we didn't stop drinking because we wanted to, we stopped because we had to. You said that EVENTUALLY you have to quit. What little health crisis are you waiting for? If it's a bleeding ulcer you may not live long enough to quit. I had one that sat atop an artery in my duodenum. Another m.m. or so and I would have bled out. Or perhaps you're waiting for cirrosis or Hepititis C to set in, but again it may be too late. And of course the vomiting is certainly a sign that all's well with your gastric system.

I think it's time that you accepted some responsibility for what you're doing to yourself. Your only solution is total abstinence from alcohol. Start with your doctor and let him know what's going on, then look up the location of the closest AA meeting. The aa hotline is in the book and manned 24/7. You may not make it long enough to reach the hospital.

And one other little jewel that I'll throw your way is a condition called Wernikie-Karsicoff syndrome. Your brain shrinks from a lack of Niacin (alcohol inhibits Niacin absorption into your body), and you suffer from dementia. It's an irreversal condition that will land you in a mental institution for the rest of your life.

So you have a few choices now. Die from internal hemmoraging or cirrosis, or end up in the nut house unable to remember your own name. I'm not even gonna go to the discussion of drunk driving, but that's another alternative open to you. So please get with your doctor and look into AA. Start acting like a grownup and quit drinking before you kill yourself.