Notices

searching for support

Old 09-08-2009, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

searching for support

This is my first text in this site. I've been trying to find a place like this for a long time. When I got this one, I felt full of hopes.

Please, help me. I really want stop drinking. it's making my life troubleful.

A hug!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Heathen

Welcome, there's lots of support here... but YOU have to do all the work

What's your plan for recovery? When do you plan to stop drinking? (Today is a good time...)
Old 09-08-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Do you care to share a little about yourself and situation?
Old 09-08-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you so much. your words make me feel full of hope. I feel that I will get much help to work this problem out.

I've been drinking a lot. that's my problem.

Originally Posted by smacked View Post
Welcome, there's lots of support here... but YOU have to do all the work

What's your plan for recovery? When do you plan to stop drinking? (Today is a good time...)
Old 09-08-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

ronysalles if you are serious about wanting to stop drinking my experience has been the most important thing is to get honest! Brutally honest with your self, and politely honest with others.

First thing I would suggest is to see your doctor and be totally honest with your doctor about how much you drink, how long you have drank, how often you drink, and what happens to you both when you drink and when you don't.

Listen you what your doctor suggest. If he reccommends medical detox & or rehab, do it, if he suggest going to AA or any other recovery program do it. I was medically detoxed and in detox they told us that if we wanted a chance at staying sober long term to go to at least 90 AA meetings in 90 days and get a sponsor. Well that was almost 3 years ago and I have not had a drink since and today I have no desire to drink at all.

Was it easy? Heck no!!! Was it worth it? Absolutely!!!! Today I live life, I do not exist life to drink it away.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by ronysalles View Post

Please, help me. I really want stop drinking. it's making my life troubleful.
The fastest way to turn your life around is to simply live "as if" there were such a thing as Karma in the universe. Learn as much as you can about humility, serenity and benevolence. Start thinking more of others and less of yourself.

If you take these actions then the Universe will repay you "as if" there was such a thing as Karma. You don't even need to believe it, just trust that it works if you work it.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
ronysalles if you are serious about wanting to stop drinking

Was it easy? Heck no!!! Was it worth it? Absolutely!!!! Today I live life, I do not exist life to drink it away.

Thank you so much for the things you've told me. I really want to stop. I can't go this way any longer. I will do what you've suggested.

Rony.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Rony please keep us all updated as to your process, your recovery can help others to recover. You can also ask questions and seek support here as well. For me SR is an awesome supplement to my recovery in addition to AA.

I began my recovery in AA and added SR to the mix at about 2 months sober, I could have never stayed sober without AA.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

ronysalles if you are serious about wanting to stop drinking my experience has been the most important thing is to get honest! Brutally honest with your self, and politely honest with others.

First thing I would suggest is to see your doctor and be totally honest with your doctor about how much you drink, how long you have drank, how often you drink, and what happens to you both when you drink and when you don't.

Listen you what your doctor suggest. If he reccommends medical detox & or rehab, do it, if he suggest going to AA or any other recovery program do it. I was medically detoxed and in detox they told us that if we wanted a chance at staying sober long term to go to at least 90 AA meetings in 90 days and get a sponsor. Well that was almost 3 years ago and I have not had a drink since and today I have no desire to drink at all.

Could not have said it better Tazman.
Sobriety Date: 10-03-06
Old 09-09-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey rony... I think we were in the chat room earlier. Its great to see you doing something like coming on this site. As others have said--AA has been very important in my recovery. It helps to know that we are not alone. Many people have had the same illness as us. They can recover if they are willing to get honest with themselves and others. Best wishes brother...

Clayton
Old 09-09-2009, 08:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Heathen

I second seeing your doc..

The best way to stop drinking is to stop drinking.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...
I think you are our first member from Brazil.

Good to know you are wanting to quit drinking.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just know that recovery is going to be difficult, maybe very difficult, to start, but it only gets easier over time. I'm only 45 days sober and already my alcohol cravings are way down. Actually most of my drink cravings are for soda and Orange Julius, which is almost as bad since I'm trying to lose weight haha.

I don't use AA in my recovery, but the one aspect I really like about it is being of service to others, doing volunteer work and helping other alcoholics when you get to that last step. It makes you feel better about yourself and takes you outside of yourself. Go to detox if you're drinking is that bad and find yourself an addictions counselor as they'll be able to help you through recovery.

But most of all and keep posting here.

Take care,

Clay
Old 09-09-2009, 01:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hello and welcome to sr.i am ditto to what tazman suggested.i went to AA and use sr alot too.i got a sponsor pretty quickly and got on the 12 step recovery programme,my life has changed beyond recognition in a very short time! things have never been so good and they tell me the best is yet to come! it isnt easy,it takes alot of work,but heck,when i think about what hard work active alcoholism is there is no comparison.i lost the compulsion to drink very quickly,and hardly ever think about it now,when i do it is a fleeting thought and nothing to do with wanting or taking a drink.the obsession has gone.miracle! i wish you well,please keep us posted.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I will be here

Rony please keep us all updated as to your process, your recovery can help others to recover. You can also ask questions and seek support here as well. For me SR is an awesome supplement to my recovery in addition to AA.

I began my recovery in AA and added SR to the mix at about 2 months sober, I could have never stayed sober without AA.
I have repeatedly said that when I found this site, I felt a marvelous sensations of freedom, as if I were at home.

I will keep you updated. If I can help someone regarding this problema, I will be around, I will not leave. this is my PLACE, I was lost, but now I found a better place to share my hardships.

I've chatting with nice people in the chatroom. It's been trully worthwhile.

thank you so much, buddy[/SIZE]
Old 09-09-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ronysalles View Post
I have repeatedly said that when I found this site, I felt a marvelous sensations of freedom, as if I were at home.

I will keep you updated. If I can help someone regarding this problema, I will be around, I will not leave. this is my PLACE, I was lost, but now I found a better place to share my hardships.

I've chatting with nice people in the chatroom. It's been trully worthwhile.

thank you so much, buddy[/SIZE]
So happy you are feeling hope ronysalles glad to have you with us
Old 09-09-2009, 03:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I will be here

Originally Posted by TheSunAlsoRises View Post
Hey rony... I think we were in the chat room earlier. Its great to see you doing something like coming on this site. As others have said--AA has been very important in my recovery. It helps to know that we are not alone. Many people have had the same illness as us. They can recover if they are willing to get honest with themselves and others. Best wishes brother...

Clayton
Ok Clayton, I will be here, as I said above, this is my place. I feel home. Thank you so much for your support. I will share my feelings here, I will keep you posted about my sobriety.

Today in the afternoon, I chatted here, it was really rewarding. it makes us feel how people feel about all of this obstacles, we learn when we share and with sincerity.

I suffer from alcoholism. this is a serious problem, but here we also find many other more serious problemas. I guess this is a reason for us to be stronger and people who need us.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

thanks!!

Originally Posted by ClayTheScribe View Post

welcome and keep posting here.

Take care,

Clay
thank you so much, I will.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by charmian View Post
hello and welcome to sr.i am ditto to what tazman suggested.i went to AA and use sr alot too.i got a sponsor pretty quickly and got on the 12 step recovery programme,my life has changed beyond recognition in a very short time! things have never been so good and they tell me the best is yet to come! it isnt easy,it takes alot of work,but heck,when i think about what hard work active alcoholism is there is no comparison.i lost the compulsion to drink very quickly,and hardly ever think about it now,when i do it is a fleeting thought and nothing to do with wanting or taking a drink.the obsession has gone.miracle! i wish you well,please keep us posted.
that's it buddy. Don't worry, I am around. you help by saying these words.

bye!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi ronysalles. Welcome to SR. It's good to have you here. I guess my only advice for now is to keep in mind that recovery is a lifelong endeavor. It's not just because you've stopped drinking and consider yourself recovered. Things can get stale later in sobriety so keep changing things if you notice them getting stale. When what you're doing gets stale the urge to drink may seep through the cracks in your sobriety/recovery. All of us alcoholics know how strong those urges can be.

Just a smidgeon of my experience for ya.