Notices

Mr. Tib Another Detox

Old 09-02-2009, 06:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pinkcuda View Post
Am I alone in thinking that Tib is sitting back getting a good chuckle out of our responses?
Good question, I've often wondered if he was legitimate, if he is, I hope he notifies his next of kin to inform SR of his eminent death, a lot of people spending a lot of time caring about this guy who has done jack sh#t to help himself. When he is dead they can focus on the living.

Tib, I don't want you to die, but that is exactly where you are going. You are not a medical doctor and you are not a recovered alcoholic, you might do well to start listening deeply to both.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
maklay

C mon... "T"

enough of this, let this be your last time to have to deal with it. I detoxed 6 times. The last time I just finally said... "DAMN I'M TIRED OF GOING THROUGH THIS SH*T"
Old 09-02-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pinkcuda View Post
Am I alone in thinking that Tib is sitting back getting a good chuckle out of our responses?

Wow! I've been a part of this site for a long time now. I share my experience, strength and hope the best I can. I assure you my experience is real and I am a very chronic alcoholic/drug addict. I collect pennies and I have more ER visits than my collection of pennies. I'm not popular here because of my very real bias towards "the worlds greatest program" AA. The prospect of attending AA meetings daily scares me more than death.

Mr. Tib
Old 09-02-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiburon88 View Post
Wow! I've been a part of this site for a long time now. I share my experience, strength and hope the best I can. I assure you my experience is real and I am a very chronic alcoholic/drug addict. I collect pennies and I have more ER visits than my collection of pennies. I'm not popular here because of my very real bias towards "the worlds greatest program" AA. The prospect of attending AA meetings daily scares me more than death.

Mr. Tib
You definitely have experience but I don't see any strength or hope in your posts.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Rehab then... maybe a 3 or 6 month?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

The prospect of attending AA meetings daily scares me more than death.
since it IS a life or death situation you are in, tib, and you say you'd rather die than find sobriety via AA, then I see two facts here.

you can either get to another program (medical detox and aftercare/program) or face dying from your disease.

it is really painful and, you know, you don't have to continue suffering this way. I pray that you lose the source of your suffering and let help enter into your heart and mind. and soon.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
The prospect of attending AA meetings daily scares me more than death.
Huh, I actually mulled that over for a couple seconds. AA meetings, or death? I think I'll go to bed sober tonight, and take another 24 hours of sobriety. Those meetings and the program of AA really do work.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Librium is the drug of choice at detox,
Have you ever tried it or do you like the high you get from ativan?
Old 09-03-2009, 02:56 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

AA meetings or death, ah if only it were that simple:-)

I had a drinking buddy who died from this, he was dying over a period of 10 years before finally snuffing it. High blood pressure which meant he could not fly anymore, yup he was a pilot. Pills with side effects that meant he could not get it up anymore without a further blue pill. Scared of everything and everyone. Multiple doc and hospital visits. Living on his knees, not in the praying way. Crying in the bar!

Yeah it's a real impressive way to go out...not! I am not scared in the slightest about death, but i am scared enough of dying, in a pathetic and miserable way, for the next 10 years to get my ass to AA! Shudder...
Old 09-03-2009, 03:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Gold Member

One of the reasons I gave up drinking a long time ago was because of SR. It took the good, the bad and the ugly post to get me to get help. I also needed mental help and the people on here knew that too. It took years to get where I'm at today and that is sober and in good mental health. All things are possible Tib! First you need to stop fighting yourself and others and do what is suggested. I had a huge chip on my sholders when I first came back to AA. I was not going to let anyone put me down because I relapsed. People stayed away from me because of my chip. Today however once my chip got knocked down from being locked in a mental ward people actually smile at me and ask how I'm doing. What I needed was to stop drinking and take medication as prescribed. Also I hung out with people who cared for me and at the time very few people did. I hope you go into rehab even if it's for the 100th time. It's never too late to get well and stay well. BTU, I did it cold turkey and just went to AA,but then again I was not as far gone as you where either,so a medical detox is in order for you. Good luck,there are people who read you and hope for the best.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
problem with authority

I think if you prefer where you are right now to an A.A. meeting, then you should stay right where you are. It's a free country still mostly, right?
Old 09-03-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AWEDA View Post
Librium is the drug of choice at detox,
Have you ever tried it or do you like the high you get from ativan?
I like the high from Ativan I must admit but I feel it works better for my withdrawals.

Mr. Tib
Old 09-03-2009, 04:42 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Wow, I have followed your posts and really cheered for you. I was a lurker for 2 years before I posted on here and I really felt that my first few slip ups were the "norm"...they aren't...they were excuses...I am GOOD at excuses...if you would rather die than go to AA then you've pretty much made up your mind right? It doesn't have to be AA, there are a lot of wonderful programs out there and as others mentioned perhaps an extended stay somewhere. I never thought I could do it but I am...slip ups are NOT an option....you seem to have made your choice to die and I seem to have made mine, to live, oddly inspired by posts such as yours. I really hope you can get it right in your head and heart...I will always cheer you on and wish you the best.

Sincerely,
Jade
Old 09-03-2009, 06:50 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Tib,

I'm not here to change anyone's mind, but I believe you CAN do this if you want to.

I also should mention that I'm sure you know that Ativan and Librium are the same class of drug right? They are both benzodiazepines and Librium is the drug of choice because it is proven less addictive over time. Your doctor most likely is trying to give the least amount of drug for the withdrawal, which is what you want right? You want detox, but not to get re-addicted to something else correct?

I hope you find the help you need.