Notices

6 Pack Beer Experiment Not Working

Old 08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. As some of you know I was experimenting with a 6 pack of beer a day along w/ my Klonopin. It hasn't worked out too well. The other night after consuming the beer and some Vicodin/Klonopin I was found downtown wandering around with no shoes on! I don't understand how that happened but I was pick-pocketed & had no money, cell phone, keys ect... It was horrible and the cops didn't seem to care at all. I guess full sobriety is the only answer. Although I have to admit I hate sobriety and AA of course.

Mr. Tib
Old 08-21-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I guess full sobriety is the only answer.
for people like us I think so Tib, yeah.

If AA's over and done with for you, I hope you look into some AA alternatives - there must be a lot to choose from in your city.

D
Old 08-21-2009, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just can't take anymore whippings from King Alcohol. I want to be done but know that it isn't very likely.

Mr. Tib
Old 08-21-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I certainly hope this will be the time you find sobriety.

Since you already know AA is not for you
that is one option off the table.
What is your new plan?
Old 08-21-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Come back and read your first post every time your Alcoholic Voice says "It will be Different this Time". Good luck.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Full, lasting, healthy and peaceful sobriety is all over here at SR and AA has nothing to do with. I know, I don't do AA as its intended yet I 'take what works a forget the rest'...it works for me .
Old 08-21-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
problem with authority

Hey Tib. Sorry you are struggling. I know about dismissing A.A. I did it for years.

When it was time for me to get serious about being sober, after waking up in jail and realizing that the officers in charge were not the least bit concerned about whether or not I would have a seizure, get the DTs, and die, then I decided to try the method that was literally on every street corner.

That happened to be A.A. I wanted to get sober more than I cared about what other people yammered about God or any pre-resentments I had about what I thought A.A. was.

You know, when I used to drink with friends, we had a euphemism for our nights out: "I want to be part of something bigger than myself tonight."

That is what A.A. is to me, something larger than myself. Somewhere where everybody knows my name. Where they call if they don't talk to or see me in a couple days. Where I can be helpful to other people and not stuck so much in my own morose thoughts.

Whatever anybody else says about it, or says I have to do, I'm not too concerned about it. This is where I truly agree with, "take what you need and leave the rest." BUT, I don't know whether or not I need a thing unless I have tried and experienced it. So I try to investigate prior to contempt. Works for me.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

An AA meeting has got to be better than wandering around downtown barefoot, drunk and with empty pockets....

Try a couple... It might not be so bad.

Mark
Old 08-21-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

drinking beer and taking benzos doesnt sound like a very good experiment to me im surprised nothing worse happended to you
Old 08-21-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

tib, you know the door is always open, and if you want your seat, it'll be waiting for you.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 08-21-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It would appear that your trouble is not really booze or drugs, it is sobriety, find a form of recovery that will allow you to feel comfortable in your own skin, that's why I liked booze so much, it gave me ease and comfort.

AA would love to have you and AA will be fine without you it's completely your call. Looks like a lesson was learned on the 6 pack experiment though, like I've said previously, the harm reduction model may work for some people, it would kill me. I'm glad you didn't get hurt. Keep searching, if you don't die first, I suspect you'll find what you are looking for, my guess, it's closer to you than you realize. PM me if I can help.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiburon88 View Post
Although I have to admit I hate sobriety and AA of course. Tib
Well that's fine. Sobriety and A.A.'s stock just went up.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
find a form of recovery that will allow you to feel comfortable in your own skin, that's why I liked booze so much, it gave me ease and comfort.
that's exactly what hit me on Thursday. I felt like crap mentally. Hesitating, second guessing every choice, low confidence, full of regrets. And i thought "This is why i drank. Not just for the euphoria, but also for the sickness. Cuz the sickness focused me on my life problems, instead of my alcohol created body illness."
wierd insight.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Once again! An alcoholic can not and will never be able to control his drinking.
If controlling our drinking was possible we wouldn't be alcoholics. Quit thinking that somehow you are different. You're not.
Quitting is difficult. I'll give you that. Control is out of the question.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. Not to beat a dead-horse, or tell you what you may already know: klonopin and alcy is a dangerous combination! I don't know what combination makes a lethal dose but keep 'experimenting' and you may find out. That's how Heath Ledger died, mixing benzos and booze. This is not to even mention the fact that if you are prescribed klonopin for any kind of psychiatric purpose, usually anxiety, you will just exacerbate the anxiety by mixing in alcy. If you have to drink, do so without klonopin. The better choice is obviously to do neither. Good luck.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

That must have been very scary..
Worse things could have happened to you..much worse..
Don't think it's wise to do that again.
good luck.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:38 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Tib, another bit of luck that nothing worse happened...

what are your options here mate as you see them? where are you going to be in 5 years, i've put the worst at the bottom so you can focus on the positive options you have left:

3. hospice
4. mental hosital
5. morgue

try and think away from what you can do for yourself at home, e.g. rubbing vics on your chest and singing humpty dumpty every night in an effort to get sober...and think of outside influences that could/will come into your life...
Old 08-22-2009, 06:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cubile75 View Post
An AA meeting has got to be better than wandering around downtown barefoot, drunk and with empty pockets....

Try a couple... It might not be so bad.

Mark
tiburon88
Hello everyone. As some of you know I was experimenting with a 6 pack of beer a day along w/ my Klonopin. It hasn't worked out too well. The other night after consuming the beer and some Vicodin/Klonopin I was found downtown wandering around with no shoes on! I don't understand how that happened but I was pick-pocketed & had no money, cell phone, keys ect... It was horrible and the cops didn't seem to care at all. I guess full sobriety is the only answer. Although I have to admit I hate sobriety and AA of course.

Mr. Tib
Myself I'd prefer the AA mtg.:wtf2
my 2 cents.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:27 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiburon88 View Post
Hello everyone. As some of you know I was experimenting with a 6 pack of beer a day along w/ my Klonopin. It hasn't worked out too well.

Mr. Tib
Hey, Mr Tib, you sound like a real character; we could do with some of your stories before or after an AA meeting, since you display some REAL alcoholic thinking. I like that!

Sometimes (and I think this is my alcoholic thinking) I wish I was just a little bit more craaazzzzzyyyy so I'd have some better stories to swap and share in AA (though I've got a few mind you).

Anyway, whichever programme you go for, just make sure you get one and do it quickly before you do any more 'experimenting'!

Take care.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I haven't been on here much, but your "6 pack experiment" headline grabbed my attention. I have been there and done that one... and failed miserably. Except for me it was usually a 6 pack and Ambien, or Vicodin. Nice to sit in your kitchen having a conversation with your wife and her best friend in town visiting (post consumption of said beers and ambien) and basically just black out and have a bottle of Bud slip out of your hand and shatter all over the floor. That memory helps me to keep coming back to meetings...

Tib -- is this enough to get and keep you sober? Without AA, I couldn't stay sober either (and did not like it very much -- the sobriety I mean). I was "Stark Raving Sober..." Physically sober but mentally and spiritually cooked.

Decide that enough is enough, don't drink for today, and find a meeting that you might like. PM me if I can help in any way. Again, I haven't been on here much, but will get an email if you PM me....

Look -- it ONLY gets better without the alcohol. But there is a solution...

NMB