Notices

6 Pack Beer Experiment Not Working

Old 08-22-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Tib...you are committing a very slow and painful suicide...it is horrifying to watch. I pray that you remain safe and am grateful that you keep in touch so that we know you are still alive, unfortunately unless you do something quickly you are going to die.

Tosh...I found your post to be offensive and hope that it is simply immaturity on your part. The fact that you find Tibs story amusing baffles me. The fact that you wish that you had been more craaazzzzyyyy so you had better stories to share is frightening and makes me think you may want to examine that more closely.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank You Tib for doing the research for us..

I know it don't work out there..and I also know AA does work...when I work it...with an open mind.. But I am one that had to be beaten down and sic & tired of being sic and tired..Today I am grateful to know I'm just a sick person trying to get well..and it's working
Old 08-22-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Tib,
I hope you've learned from your experiment. Mixing drugs and alcohol is never a good idea.

As it's been said before, although AA isn't an option for you, it would be a good idea to abstain from alcohol and drugs. A support network would help you in this endeavour. AA might "suck" for you, but it is free, accessible, and full of people who would like to help you out.

If it were me, I'd prefer to go to AA than wander around town without my shoes. For someone who has the difficulties you describe, are you in a position to limit your positive options? The results of your behaviour sound pretty bad...I mean, the drinking and drug use is clearly causing you problems/grief. This sounds like extreme stuff, Tib. AA is an extreme measure for people with extreme problems....it sounds like you are the type of person who needs to take extreme measures to deal with a MAJOR problem.

It's been said before, your options are running out. This disease is fatal and progressive. If you don't get sober, you will probably die from this. I hope you can get the help you need to overcome this addiction problem.
chip
Old 08-22-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I cannot explain my whole story because it is too long. I want to get prescribed some antabuse. It seems like my only possible solution at this point. I have medical insurance through Aetna. Can anyone give me some good advice? I would appreciate it.

Randy
Old 08-22-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This incident has changed me & I'm beginning to realize that yes I can die using. I have a number of cuts and bruises all over me. I haven't been to an AA meeting in about a month. Maybe I should give it a try because anything is better than that horrifying night. I just don't understand how I could of got a a city bus with no shoes! It baffles me has how I could do something so stupid.

Mr. Tib
Old 08-22-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Tib, you know alcohol and drugs baffle us! A majority of us have done stupid,horrifying and/or mortifying things while drinking/using. I am so glad to see the beginnning of a new dawn in your posts...
anything is better than that horrifying night
Hallelujah, Tib!!! Go to AA again if you think it's worth a try, do ANYTHING, EVERYTHING that might help. You deserve to live a better life, man. GO FOR IT! NOW!!!

Jomey
Old 08-22-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

It is so scary where alcohol takes us....you must accept this reality as a fact in your life.
You take a drink...the drink takes a drink and then the drink takes you...always.
Go to a meeting Tib...save yourself anyway you can.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

I hope this is what if finally takes, tib. I hope you can find peace and sobriety. Actions speak louder than words. Good luck...
Old 08-22-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

A six-pack & Kilonopins? I was doing that around nine years ago. Except I could'nt stop at a six-pack-HAD to drink more that! A Little bottle of Jack. Some more malt liquor. A few more k's. A little of that & I was curled up sleeping on my front porch in the dead of winter where all of the neighbors could see me. (!) How I am still alive I give credit to the Lord.
It will not work. alcohol & sedative antidepressents CAN KILL YOU. Please don't press your luck like I did..............................
Old 08-22-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
problem with authority

Tib...all you have to do is do something different today. Old patterns will always be there if you need them. Find a room full of the meanest A.A. jerkwads you can find and tell them you need help.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

back again

OK sorry. I don't know how to start a new thread or any of that stuff. I have been to AA and I didn't really like it. I am kind of an anti-social person. I get nervous around people I don't know. I have 2 dwi's and one pi. I am just the person that pops in here and doesn't know what the hell is going on. I didn't intend to disrupt the conversation but I don't know how this thing works either. Its luck that I got signed in here. I know about antabuse and I think it would work for me. Thats all I really want to know about. So how do I start my own thread and I'll be out of your way, I guess.

Randy
Old 08-22-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by tiburon88 View Post
... I just don't understand how I could of got a a city bus with no shoes! It baffles me has how I could do something so stupid.
I know a guy who only uses once or twice a year. He goes to the crack-house with plenty of cash, a car and a cell-phone.

When he leaves he has no cash, no car, no cell-phone and no shoes.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:14 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Everyone......
because of the confusion ....I have removed some replies
to our new member RRPat/Randy.

Please do share with him on this new thread
I do hope he returns for our support.

Randy...Welcome and click on the line below
to find your new thread please

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...me-rpratt.html

Thanks!