Notices

Can't seem to stop

Old 04-30-2009, 08:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheValencia View Post
I still haven't had a single drink.. Last night there was a huge party going all around the country, and nobody knows why we celebrate this... It's just a big excuse for everyone to come out to the streets and get drunk, mostly. I stayed at home.. I had to explain why to my sort of boyfriend, because last week I told him I'd go with him...Ofcourse he didn't know, and he understood, yet he did already see I wasn't well lately. He stayed with me and we had a fun evening, I told him to still go if he wanted to but he seemed to have really made his mind up to stay and just have fun with me at home. He never asked any questions at all, he just listened and was happy with me telling him. That feels really good, to let someone in on such a big secret. It's just that I don't know him that long yet and I don't want to scare him off or get mistrusted in a way that everybody knows the next day. I'm gonna have to kill him now lol.
Today the party is still on till early in the morning, so I'm stuck between here and the supermarket. It's very hard, and the night itself (the sleep) wasn't much better than before. Luckily I'm not alone in this no more.

good job Val, its very difficult to stay sober when you know there is a lot of drinking going on in the outside world, i have been sober now for 13 months, and my neighbors are constantly outside drinking, and i look out at them, wishing in a way that i could be out there with them,having "fun" but then again, i know that if i were to do that, my councious would kill me, al my clean time would have been a waste, and i would probably do something horrible from it, and i can not put my self through anything more like that, my self esteem and my family is too much to risk
Old 04-30-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ah, the ties that bind. Do I feel part of because I have a common problem or a common solution?

Originally Posted by TheValencia View Post
Ofcourse that should be only the thing we are bound with, but still it doesn't make me feel as if we're the same.
"The feeling of having shared in a common peril is one element in the powerful cement which binds us. But that in itself would never have held us together as we are now joined.

The tremendous fact for every one of us is that we have discovered a common solution. We have a way out on which we can absolutely agree, and upon which we can join in brotherly and harmonious action."
-AA Big Book, Chapter 2

This is the fellowship of the spirit, not to be confused with the fellowship in the rooms. This is a spiritual bond. I oftentimes don't see much tangible in common with other folks in the rooms. But this, this is what resonates between people that have found a way out.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Damn VaL did you just call me old AND boring. Lol just kidding Val I am both . Maybe ask them at the meetings if there are anybody around female closer to your own age. Good luck Val missed you in chat. Just keep going back and keep coming here. :ghug
Old 05-02-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I took your advice and went to a different meeting from the AA.
I actually liked this better than the other group I joined last week. In this group I found someone in there I did connect with. It was a guy from about the same age, with the same lifestyle as mine. We, along with several others, also talked after the meeting was over because we were really into it. I told them I'd be visiting another meeting tomorrow at a different place, and some of 'em didn't know about that meeting, so they told me they're probably coming too. Making some friends now huh :P and still not drinking YAY!

This is something I heard someone say last week, and I thought it sounded awful, and couldn't believe he said something this stupid but now: It really does seem as if the world is so much more beautiful than it was before.

I'm so much happier now even though on the other hand I feel rotten because of the lack of sleep. Tomorrow will be my 1 week anniversary, YEAH!

ps. sorry baggervance didn't mean to call you old and ugly, ehh boring. might catch you on the chat
Old 05-04-2009, 03:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Okay, yesterday I went to the other meeting! Like they promised, a handfull of the other were there too! Now it already seems more fun being there feeling like we are all sortof alike.. People are interested in eachother, and really seem to listen. There is nothing you can do wrong, but on the other hand, they will also say so if you do, politely.

Today is my 8 day anniversary, so I've got one week past me! :-D How about that! Troubles are sleeping, and being shaky alot.. I am really craving for something with alcohol in it, things without alcohol like pepsi don't taste that great as they were anymore. lol how weird that may sound.. i sometimes dunno if i can keep this up but on the other hand, a week seems very long so having this one little drink "i think i can keep it at" is gonna ruin it all again..