Notices

2 years sober and pissed off

Old 07-24-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 years! I'm sorry that you are so unhappy. I hope that you can sort out what all the anger is about. Hang in there and things will get better.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hi Milford,
Welcome to SR and welcome to this forum.

Congrats on 2 years. You are doing something very right if you are able to stay sober.

It's tough staying sober without a "support network". Some people go to AA just for the support aspect of it...others can't stand the thought of AA. AA isn't for everyone, and some people are able to stay sober without it. Finding other people who are sober, and you can talk with, might be helpful for you.

Socializing in enviornments where there is no alcohol is great as well. There are "sober" circles of people, in groups, who are not always affiliated with any recovery program. Is there some sort of (sober) hobby you enjoy? The reason I ask is that there might be some sort of group you can join (ie. sober bikers club, bridge clubs, craft groups, some sort of sport, etc.......)

What types of things do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Is there something you can devote time to, and become "obsessed with" (in a good way)? Some people really get into a hobby in sobriety.

Have you ever considered doing volunteer work? This can be very rewarding. Helping others might help get your mind off negative things.

What types of books do you read? Perhaps there are books you can read to help you feel better.

I'm sorry if I'm not much help. I'm just throwing some ideas out there for you. This website helps me out when I'm feeling down. I hope you'll stick around, and find some support here.
chip
Old 07-24-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

congrats on 2 years, dont be so hard on yourself, thats quite an accomplishment.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well now. You're angry and pissed off at people. You hated the people in rehab, thought your counselor was an unqualified idiot, and don't want to hear other people's stories.
Church groups are out and you don't like being around other people. You basically hate everyone and everything involved in the process of staying sober. Milford, you have some serious issues here.

I honestly don't think any program of sobriety is going to help you. I mean, why bother as you're going to hate everything about any program suggested? I think what you're angry about is the fact that you can't drink and that everything about sobriety pisses you off. Nothing is going to make you happy as you won't allow it. You need to deal with the fact that you hate everything and everyone before you deal with any program of recovery.

You say "Please help." I ask "How?" You've rejected everything I can suggest. Maybe when you stop with your anger at the world and begin to accept life on life's terms will you be open for help. But you've pretty much slammed the door on it for now.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Has anyone noticed that the OP is from 3/11/09 and the poster only made this one post?

Love and hugs,
Old 04-02-2014, 12:06 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by milford1 View Post
My 2 year anniversery will be coming up soon and I can't say I'm comfortable with being a recovering alcaholic. I'm still really angry and pissed off at people. I did rehab, counseling, and meds, but could never go to AA faithfully. For some reason I would always hate everyone involved in the process. I know it's a defense mechanism, but should it really last this long? I hated the people who ran rehab- thought they were all there to make a buck. Thought my counselor was an underqualified idiot, and then never wanted to hear other people's stories at AA. What avenues are there for me? Any alternatives to AA? I know it's a common thing to need/hate AA and push yourself to go, but I just really really don't want to go. I don't believe in God, so church groups are out, and I really don't like being around strangers. The anti-depressants don't help much and I feel like I'm going crazy. Please help.
You may need an exorcism.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Milford posted 5 years ago Door27.
I hope he's happy now

D
Old 04-02-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
zjw

i get pretty angry as well and i'm almost 3 years sober. the only way I avoid it is to stuff my head int he sand and ignore problamatic areas in life. That really gives me peace of mind but it seems rather irresponsable to allow the house to fall down rather then fix matters simply because it just makes you to angry. But in my case I'm not sure what else to do I'm trying to figure this out myself. Being greatful for what i have works but it doesnt "Fix" the immediate issues. I run a lot this is my best defense at blowing off steam without it i'd be a walking A-bomb. While running allows me to blow off steam it does not resolve problems. Its also possible i have no solutions to problems too. So I try and seperate things out the stuff I can handle. vs the stuff i have no solutions too. I just ignore stuff i have no solution too. and if i can handle it but jsut not at the moment I'll blow that off till i have the energy to face it.

I'm not gonna say its easy. It has not been easy for me in this regard. I hope it is soon or my anger is going to cost me my job.

I'm very critical of others flaws and very intolerant. This is so mean of me some of these vry same people where so tolerant of me and my nonsense for years and now i lack patience for them? I'm a monster i tell you! But I'm working on it its just not easy. I'd gladly accept any magical answers haha.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Milford posted 5 years ago Door27.
I hope he's happy now

D
I hope he's happy now also, from where he was he can only go up lol.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'd be p*ssed off too if I hadn't changed my perspective and perception of life and couldn't take a drink! I had to change myself to be able to start a new life without alcohol and for that I needed help as there is no way I could gave done that for myself.

Lol just noticed this is an old thread! Yes maybe he is happy now:-)
Old 04-03-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm gonna close this now.
Maybe Milford will update us one day on another thread

D