Notices

my sponsor

Old 02-27-2009, 05:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink my sponsor

my sponsor is a friend of mine.. he's a wise old timer (been sober 31 years now..ODAT) he gives me advice when i ask him for it. the past few days he has been a great help.. i have been having employee problems at work recently and his advice was very helpful.. he called me yesterday to ask how a situation was resolved. a good sponsor is worth their weight in gold!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

So very true, mine is awesome as well.

I have found that no sponsor can help unless one asks them for help!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

taz: yep.. i don't ask very often.. but.. when i do.. he always comes through!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Yeah I don't share with my sponsor often enough, seems I only reach out when the pain is way past the point of being bearable. It was nice to sit down with him last night and just share about how our lives are going. He's always been a trusted friend, I know I can count on him to always be there for me.

Let's take a moment to remember and acknowledge our sponsor's for their service and commitments. Thanks for posting this 24!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

you said that right,a wise sponsor is great.I have been fortunate to have had several.I am on my 3rd sponsor since I got sober.I love those oldtimers too!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I was very lucky ............................... my first sponsor and I developed a really great relationship ................................ oops better through in my first sponsor and her hubby and I developed a really great relationship. lol

Some sponsor/sponsee relationships are just that, ours went so much further, and I miss them both to this day. Hugh passed in July of '93 and Bev in Feb of '99 at 33 yrs sober and my sponsor for 17 1/2 years. I was devastated!!! Took me a long time to get over that, and I STILL MISS HER TODAY. I then got my grand sponsor, who was a friend to me for a long time, and she passed in August of '03 with 44 years.

I have been truly blessed! I have developed some very 'close' relationships with several of my sponsees and with others not so close.

I too found fairly early in recovery that Bev and/or Hugh could not help me if I did not ask. Wow. What a simple concept to me now, but oh so complicated back then.

I am glad you have such a great relationship with your sponsor. I also hope and pray for those that are looking for or have found a sponsor that you too can develope a close personal working relationship with your sponsor.

Love and hugs,