Notices

Coming Clean.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Coming Clean.

Ok fellas. This feels sorta selfish but i need to get this out my chest. This few items have been on my head and i need them out.

1. I have been feeling better, a bit better, being day 3 of sobriety and of
course, i got a brief rush in me, a need for a drink, and i thought to myself:
"well, maybe after all this is sorta through, maybe i can go back to maybe a
can or two of beers every now and then, just to chill out.." but i have to face
the music and admit that it is PURE BS! i would start with a can, then the whole case then back to 8 pints of beer per day.

2. My job drives me to drinking, badly. I donīt miss working days, i am functional, but things have been really tough and the only way to cope with it was my drinking. It frustrates me to the bone and right now i am sorta trapped, because bills are higher and higher each month (thank you global economy! ; ), costs of living are high overall and my line of work is the only career i have (been doing it for over a decade). I always keep coming back to this line of work and it feels me with dissapointment and anxiety.

3. I feel lonely, horribly lonely. My family does little to none emotional support, there is no connection there. My friends are non-drinkers or they drink next to nothing, but they are all busy with their life (jobs, girlfriends).
And i am just coming out from yet another brief and disastrous relationship.

4. I hate the taste of medicine.

5. I feel hopeless most of the time. The only hope on the last 24 hours is SR

Thanks for letting me share! Hope you are all doing good.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you joined us here in our Alcoholism Forum....

Day 3 is a good star...how are you feeling?
Have you a plan for your new sober life?

Please let us know how we can assist you
Many of us are winning over alcohol
Old 02-26-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
Glad you joined us here in our Alcoholism Forum....

Day 3 is a good star...how are you feeling?
Have you a plan for your new sober life?

Please let us know how we can assist you
Many of us are winning over alcohol
Hi CarolD, thanks again! i already presented myself in Newcomers Recovery section (wont let me link) Anyways hope you are doing great!!!!

Well, my first pretty much sums it up. Physically i am fine, still a bit detached from reality and, despise the medicine, not really resting much.

As plans for a sober life, is really hard to say, some big moves to be made if i have to win this one!

Thanks for everything!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know what your going thru , Im going thru it myself at this very moment. Hang in there.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by TM101 View Post
I know what your going thru , Im going thru it myself at this very moment. Hang in there.
Thanks TM101, you too hang in there! !!!!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi AlkalikeH

I know what you're going through, I have just done day 2, the hell of the last week is on it's way out and maybe I could do 2 to chill, yep BS. I have felt lonely, I am alone and happy then really down, I didn't do emotion before just beer. Didn't do a meeting today will do tomorrow. Been reading loads on here tho. All my friends are BIG drinkers or like yours have a life.
All I can say is the inspiration I have taken from here, is it will get better, I can meet new people, I can have a better life, new hobbies, new job, who knows.Gotta get through the beginning but no one on here with a lot of sobriety seem to wish they were drinking. So for today it has helped me. Got chucked out by my wife, my parents then kicked me out, job on the line next told them I was alcoholic!! Had to missed too many days, through hangovers or just oversleeping. yep drinking does not work. We can all get sober together and build something that might work.
Oh and I so can't sleep, hating that.
Keep it up.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

coupla 'new' folks on this thread.. you might also find some support in the "2 weeks and under" thread in the Newcomers Daily Support section. Welcome, all of you
Old 02-26-2009, 05:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by xym297 View Post
Hi AlkalikeH

I know what you're going through, I have just done day 2, the hell of the last week is on it's way out and maybe I could do 2 to chill, yep BS. I have felt lonely, I am alone and happy then really down, I didn't do emotion before just beer. Didn't do a meeting today will do tomorrow. Been reading loads on here tho. All my friends are BIG drinkers or like yours have a life.
All I can say is the inspiration I have taken from here, is it will get better, I can meet new people, I can have a better life, new hobbies, new job, who knows.Gotta get through the beginning but no one on here with a lot of sobriety seem to wish they were drinking. So for today it has helped me. Got chucked out by my wife, my parents then kicked me out, job on the line next told them I was alcoholic!! Had to missed too many days, through hangovers or just oversleeping. yep drinking does not work. We can all get sober together and build something that might work.
Oh and I so can't sleep, hating that.
Keep it up.
Hey XYM! Thanks for sharing with me and yeah, i relate to what you say too.

I really donīt feel the need for a drink right now, and itīs even more positive, as you mentioned, reading and talking to people that really donīt have any desire at all to drink. My hypothetical comeback was just that, a flash in my mind. I had luck with jobs because i can function, but that could also go away if i donīt stop all this. Everything can be gone, and i know that.

I lost some really important women in my life due to drinking. Countless money. Even my family really donīt care much for me and they just become part of the pressure and the problem instead of part of the solution. That is why is to be here, finding support from strangers (at first) who could prolly choose to give a flying ****, but they donīt! it is great!

Glad to hear your words on sticking together and building ourselves sober.

Sleeping has been always harsh for me, always! and harsher these days. This ainīt my first shot at sobriety but things got ugly, so a step was needed to be taken. I have a great feeling that we can pull this off.

Best and keep posting, thank you!! !!!!!!!!