Notices

Im Back :(

Old 01-30-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im Back :(

I have been logging on for a few months now but am officially back tail between legs and starting over again. Im on day 2 without alcohol and feel rotten.

I didnt realise until looking through my profile it was July 2007 I stopped drinking. It lasted 3 months. Since then Ive just sank back into the same habits as before. 6-8 beers every night the odd day alcohol free but pretty much drinking drinking drinking.

Yesterday seemed easy. Its getting to me more today. Im feeling really on edge. Dont know what to do with myself. Have looked up AA meetings but there is nothing for miles away on a friday. I have found a meeting on a wednesday near me so hoping I make it to then.

Any advise would be appreciated. I have the big book. Going to take a bath try to relax and do some reading. Finding it hard to concentrate on anything.

Hope to hear from anyone with advise or experience. Thank you for reading

Sarah
Old 01-30-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Latic,

Glad to see you back! A nice bath sounds good. Remember to drink lots of water. (not from the tub, that would be tacky) Stick around. SR has meetings online. Try one of those. And come post here. We are happy to have you!

Love,

Lenina
Old 01-30-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here is a link about de toxing

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

Some of these will not happen to you and some might.

Good to know you are making a fresh start...
Welcome back to SR
Old 01-31-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Sarah,
Welcome back! This is coming from someone who just came back themselves. This is my first day back on the site, several days back into sobriety.

Meetings are scattered throughout the county where I live...but I've found out that there are NONE in the city I just moved to. I hope you've found one to hit up this weekend, but if you haven't-- I just saw that there's a meeting on here tonight at 9:00 EST. I'm planning on trying to hit that up.

I'm short on any other advice-- as I said, I'm newly back on the wagon myself. Just...get a sponsor, find meetings, read daily, find gratitude, pray...you know, do the whole rap!

Welcome back, good luck, and all the best,

B'sT
Old 01-31-2009, 03:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
God is leading the way!!!

Welcome back Sarah,

Hang in there we will be here for you when you need to talk try the meetings online I'll be there,:ghug
Old 01-31-2009, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back, I just joined this site yesterday but my DOS is 8/23/2008. I am very fortunate in that I have a good home group of AA that I attend every week and a sponsor that I'm working the steps with. I have been around AA for a while but I never took the time to work the steps so I never stayed with the program.

Now that I'm working the steps the obsession to drink has been taken from me. It is a miracle plain and simple!! I am so grateful. I hope you have a chance to see what the program is about and please start reading your Big Book, the first 164 pages to get an understanding of the program.

ETA: Corrected my DOS, I don't want that thing to change again. It has changed enough times in my lifetime!
Old 01-31-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome back!