Notices

Nausea?

Old 01-31-2009, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
maklay

Nausea?

Hello my new friends! As alot of you know I kicked the habit at the first of the year (again). I had just about every nasty withdrawal symtom known to man up until about 25 days in. Most of them have gotten down to a minimum. I feel so great having been in this cycle for about 9 years it's hard to believe I can feel better than now. However I still have one symptom that is hanging around. Is nausea, bloating, abdominal pain after eating. Just curious if these type of indigestion issues are normal a month in.

Lexapro seems to have anxiety under control. The benzos are not needed anymore. I'm just very slowly trimming them to a minimum to avoid any withdrawal.

I would say it was the Lexapro doing it, but I've had the issue the last 6 times I went through the withdrawals stages minus the Lexapro.

Mucho Thankos

:ghug3
Maklay
Old 01-31-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is probably something best discussed with your doctor. Those symptoms could be from an underlying problem that needs to be addressed.
I will tell you that nausea was something that took a long time for me to get over when I stopped drinking. But, I soon made up for all the uneaten meals I had when drinking.

Hope you feel better real soon!
Old 01-31-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Please, please go see your doctor!

Alcohol plays h*ll with the gastronic system and with the amounts we all seemed to have consumed it can be disasterous.

I know, I still have gastronic promblems today MANY years later.

So for your own pece of mind, please go get checked out by your doctor.

Love and hugs,
Old 01-31-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
maklay

Well I had a series of test done in November, which lead to my gall bladder being removed in late November. I've had an upper scope done in Nov. bloodwork, etc. Last week I had blood work and CT scan from pelvis up. Still no major issues besides slight pancreatitis/Gastritis, which he could not see any signs of on the CT scan or blood work he just kinda pulled it out of his butt because he couldn't find anything else. He went as far to say every thing looked normal but we'll treat for these two incase.

So I just figured it had something to do with my withdrawals. I do notice after I eat I get what I call flutters. It kinda feels like you just hit a big dip in the road or dropped on a roller coaster. It kinda tickles. At first I thought it was my heart fluttering which kinda tripped me out. But the more I have them, I notice they are after I eat. I had EKG's done in November to rule out the heart thing also.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I too think checking with a professional is indicated
Perhaps a gastro specailist?

Hope you can find answers..
Old 01-31-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I didn't have any nausea when I drank, or after I quit.. we're all effected so different.

See a doc