Notices

Drunk No More

Old 01-05-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drunk No More

Hello Anyone out there,

Today I made the decision to be "drunk no more!" Its been a tough few weeks for me. It also has been very intoxicating. I spent most of yesterday thinking. Exactly one month ago, I made the decision to drink. Not one, not two, but too many. That night changed my entire life. I had be dating and living with someone for almost a year. That night, alcohol brought out the worst in me. Now I'm alone after losing my partner and best friend. I feel so empty. We've talked since and what he told me, I didn't want to hear. My drinking was the result of a failed relationship. So today, I've decided to be drunk no more. I'll will get my life back together. Thanks for listening.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Brilliant and good for you! Keep coming back here as it is a great place to chat and read about similar minded people whilst getting some great tips from the vets:-)

Old 01-05-2009, 01:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hello DNM, and welcome to SR. Nice to see another resident of Arizona here, and I'm happy to hear you've decided to take action. If you live in the Phoenix area and would be interested in checking out an AA meeting, there are meetings here from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM North Scottsdale Fellowship Club - Home-Home or you can search by zip code at the AA website Alcoholics Anonymous :

Hope you continue to reach out for support.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

We're glad you're here and seeking help. You will be able to learn new coping skills to deal with failed relationships, stress, etc... when you regain clarity of mind through sobriety.

Lots of support and information here for you. Post as much as you need.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our SR Alcoholism Forum
Good to see you here with us.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
What comes around, Goes around

Welcome to SR.
Too bad you had to lose a partner to drinking---you dont have to ever lose anything again in life to a drink. You came to the right place for help and motivation.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Going on Day 4. It's really tough. Withdrawls and little sleep. Trying to stay focused with work. I realized how many friendship I have that are based on alcohol. I received phone calls, texts, and just talking with them. They all associated drinking with me. I'll continue to pray everyday and as needed throughout the day for the strength to resist. One day at a time.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome DNM and congrats on your decision to get sober. It is hard at first but it does get better.:ghug3
Old 01-08-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You have come to the right place! The people here are some of the sweetest and most understanding people you will ever meet! Congratulation's on your decision.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 4 DNM! It does get a little bit easier each day. Hang in there!