Notices

Back to a case a day

Old 11-26-2008, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to a case a day

Great I quit for two months and it crept back up on me. Now The panic attacks and anxiety are out of control all over again. Is this a Disease I would say so. But now I have to drink just to keep the attacks at bay, what a Life:wtf2
Old 11-26-2008, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

No, you don't. You did it once, now put down the beer and do it again!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TTOSBT View Post
No, you don't. You did it once, now put down the beer and do it again!
Is AA a good option I'm terrified to go through the 3 day shake rattle and roll again. Last time I went through it my blood pressure was 210 over 170. Scary stuff I'm 32 with a wife and son.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Joey!
I would go to your family doc and tell him/her what you are going to do. I know alcohol withdrawal can be dangerous. I just did it without any help, but I would not recommend, knowing what I know now!

I am a HUGE fan of AA and a proud member. It has made ALL the difference in the last 7 months of my life. You, your wife and your son deserve the very best man that you can be. You can be that man through working the 12 steps of AA. Now there are other recovery methods and there is information on those on this forum. But I can only share my experience, strength and hope. And mine came through working the AA program of recovery

You will never regret getting sober. It may not always be easy but man, it is better than any day I ever had drinking!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Joey. You don't have to live that way. You really don't. Can you check into a rehab center?
Old 11-26-2008, 06:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You do not have to live like that anymore. That is the great thing about AA and one day at a time. When I relapsed I went to a meeting hung over and shakey, but I did not drink that day and havent since. You did it before and can do it again. I had to hold on to the thought of JUST DON'T DRINK NOW!! I hope only the best for you and finding sobriety is something that you can do! LOL
Old 11-26-2008, 06:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Joey, AA was an awsome help for me. If you call the AA main office in your town or the 24hr line you can get referred to someone who can help. It was a wonderful support system for me when I went through the shakes. With the holidays coming our meetings still meet. I will attend two tomorrow, Thanksgiving day and grateful to anyone who walks through the doors. I drank on holidays so I attend meetings now. I do hope you seek the help, we all need it. God bless. LOL
Old 11-26-2008, 06:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TTOSBT View Post
Welcome Joey!
I would go to your family doc and tell him/her what you are going to do. I know alcohol withdrawal can be dangerous. I just did it without any help, but I would not recommend, knowing what I know now!

I am a HUGE fan of AA and a proud member. It has made ALL the difference in the last 7 months of my life. You, your wife and your son deserve the very best man that you can be. You can be that man through working the 12 steps of AA. Now there are other recovery methods and there is information on those on this forum. But I can only share my experience, strength and hope. And mine came through working the AA program of recovery

You will never regret getting sober. It may not always be easy but man, it is better than any day I ever had drinking!
I know I started to feel Normal again when I was sober. But My "friends" showed up again and made me feel weak. And that craving came back just 1 or just 6 that's OK. Then Maybe 8 and I won't drink tomm. Never lasts, Right back to ground zero. I can do this.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Joey...I highly recommend going to a detox center, especially with your blood pressure problems. Detoxing alone is extremely dangerous and can lead to stroke or heart attack. If it's at all possible, please check yourself into a medical detox center. If that isn't possible, at least go to your doctor and be honest with him/her about your drinking. He/she can give you some medication to help with the withdrawals.

Best of luck to you. You CAN do it!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deezaldog View Post
Joey, AA was an awsome help for me. If you call the AA main office in your town or the 24hr line you can get referred to someone who can help. It was a wonderful support system for me when I went through the shakes. With the holidays coming our meetings still meet. I will attend two tomorrow, Thanksgiving day and grateful to anyone who walks through the doors. I drank on holidays so I attend meetings now. I do hope you seek the help, we all need it. God bless. LOL
I'm going to a meeting. Apparently Most alcoholics suffer from panic attacks. Thanks guys
Old 11-26-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I know that I did and I did not even know what they were or that they were caused by alcohol and alcohol withdrawal until I had been sober a month. I thought that was just me. Um, no. Not me today!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you here with us on our Alcoholism Forum

As you have already experienced medical problems
when you de toxed before...
I strongly recommend you speak with your doctor

There is no reason to be in danger when it's preventible.
Sooo...doctor first please.

I too find AA to be an awesome adventure ...

Blessings to you and your family
Old 11-26-2008, 09:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I haven't ever posted over here....I'm normally on Friends and Family, but I wanted to let you know that my husband drinks a case a day, and I would give my left ear if he would come here for help or entertain the idea of going to AA........your wife and son are very lucky people. I'm rooting for you in your recovery!