Notices

not sure what i'm doing

Old 11-09-2008, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tee

not sure what i'm doing

i have not been here in a while so heres the thing, i was clean almost 3 years
(two years 10 months) whent on a cruise with some family and drank i stoped again a few days after i returned. i told the people in my support group not (a.a) and did not drink again till halloween night and that weekend and have not drank again i have not been back to my group because i'm not sure how i feel or were im heading. at this point i know that i can not drink the way i like too so i need to just not drink easeier said then done. i'm embaresed to tell my group and i'm thinking i should just wait till after the holidays in case i slip again...i know it's crazy thinking but my mind is just not in the game i think it has not been since the cruies. any advice would help
Old 11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi tee,

What you're doing is getting sober. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. If getting and staying sober was so easy we wouldn't need to be here on this forum lending support to each other.

Just listen to what you know is true, "I can't drink the way I would like to so I need to just not drink"

The answer to all your questions are within you, just trust yourself and go get some help.

God's Peace
Old 11-09-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Why not review the reasons you started to get
sober....and then consider if you still think they are valid?

Make an honest list of the pro's and con's of your drinking.
Then you can choose whatever you want.

Best wishes....
Old 11-09-2008, 09:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tee - Glad you came back and don't be embarrassed to go back to your group. You won't be the first or the last to fall off the recovery wagon. I would definitely start working it and NOT say you should wait until after the holidays. See in my mind you are giving yourself an opportunity to drink at that time and you might want to be making a plan on how you won't drink. If the urge arises how can you prevent it? Do you have a sober friend you can call? Being honest right now and making plans. That's my advice. Good luck!!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tee

thanks carol and 353

i do realise why i stoped drinking and i have devloped another reason i now have cronic pancreatitis starting last april (from so many years of heavy drinking ) which is not so common since i'm only 46 and female. so the reasons are there for not drinking, and i did not even enjoy drinking those last two times i sliped.
it took me a long time to get to the years i had clean and i think i just feel like a failure again and once again have let people that have tried to help me down, so here i am telling strangers