Notices

Today is the day!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 03:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today is the day!!!

First off I am new to the forum. I found it while researching onliine.

Its 06:45am...and the begining of a new day. I have been drinking way too much for approx 6 years. I has affected my personal life and current relationship. Has not affected my career that much yet.(thank goodness)....but I can see problems down the road if this continues.
Now with a new born at home, and a wife I dont want to lose. Our relationship has suffered because of the alcohol.....

Today is going to be my DAY 1!!!

I have tried in the past but only made it about day 4-5. I have to make this attempt different than the others!!! This one HAS to work.
I started out having a couple beer every night after work to relax from my stressfull career. Now it has turned out to a minimum of 4 up to 8. I am not sleeping properly and my mood has changed dramatically in the last year to miserable.
Today is different....Today has to be different!!!

Thank you to all who have posted on this forum. After reading for a few days it has inspired me to change my life.

I will post to let everyone know how I am doing. Hopefully everything goes well!!!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR and our Alcoholism Forum

As you have been reading us...I do hope you checked
out the top sticky post #1 about de toxing.

What a great gift your sobriety will be for you
and your family......Congratulations!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All the best to you! Do you have any recovery plan to follow such as meetings or checking in here regularly? Accountability, for me, came in the form of AA and was very helpful especially in the beginning.

Congrats on the newborn and to the new life you are planning! Hope to see you continue to post and to read about your continued success. Please post if you need support, that is why we are here.

Take care!
Kellye
Old 11-09-2008, 04:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SoberRecovery.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck Man!!!! I think you can know that we're all rooting for you here!!!!

:bounce:atv
Old 11-09-2008, 06:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think I might try with you.
I just don't want to let anyone down if I can't do it.

I just want more for myself. I have so little in my life and that's not helping.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Good luck to both of ya's and welcome to SR!

DK
Old 11-09-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

WELCOME! STICK AROUND! YOU CAN DO IT! :ghug3
Old 11-10-2008, 04:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

WELL.....Day one crashed and burned after getting home from work late last night from a bad 12 hour shift. I was able to hold off for a bit until I opened the fridge to make something to eat.
It is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I think I am going to plan much better today and rid the house of everything. Have lots of chocholate on hand and something to keep me busy and occupied..
Thank you to everyone who replied above. It is nice to know that there are others who have been here and made it past this difficult stage.
I WILL make it. Just wish I had the same enthusiasm later in the day..as in the morning when I feel guilty.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

HI pm, I did that for years, get drunk, feel bad and guilty the next morning and promise myself this is it today I quit..but as the day goes on, I felt better, next thing I know I forgot about how bad I felt about drinking and was back at it. It is a viscious cycle. I am now once again, sober, 6 days. I went thru detox, and when you stop beware that you can have affects. I did outpatient rehab, and learned alot, but most important is AA and this forum. You have to make the decision to do it and keep coming here and find AA. I did and it is helping, I pretty much have a sponser and gonna start the steps again. I wish you luck it is hard, trust me. I am a beginner. But I connected to your comment- wake up and quit but later drinking again. Keep posting, helps to talk/write. I do alot here already in my short time. GOOD LUCK!!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Pam, congrats on day 6. That is fantastic. I cant wait until I can make it to there.
It was nice to read your post......Makes me realize that others are going through, or have gone through the exact same feelings and attempts.
I am very impressed with people in this forum. They are the only real support that understands and have been there.
keep up the great work. Please post updates on your progress. It is motivating.
Thanks
Old 11-11-2008, 05:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

I know how we are and that if you are intent on drinking, it's only a temporary deterrent, however I can't help asking--if you really want to stop, doesn't it make sense to dump any booze you have on hand?

Peace & Love,
Sugah

Edit: I missed your intentions to "rid the house of everything." I wish you well!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ever closer...

Hi pm! You have to want to stop drinking more than you want to drink! The first cuople weeks were hell. I remember them way too clearly. But now 7 months later I feel stronger and healthier every day.
Stick with it...it will cme
Jen