Notices

Finding A Rehab Isn't So Easy

Old 10-05-2008, 02:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link Boleo but that seems more like a homeless shelter. I'm not homeless just a hopeless alcoholic/addict. If I could just get a doctor to prescribe a week of Valium or something I could get back on track. The ER doctors just think I'm "drug seeking." Still investigating rehabs. I'm more receptive to listening to a "professional" than some folks in AA. I'm not sure why really. You folks here at SR are a nice bunch though.

tiburon
Old 10-06-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Retired Pro Drunk

There's a place in Wayzata, MN called the Retreat. I think it's around $4,000 for a month. Fairly affordable when compared to other inpatient programs.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Seeing as you live in the Chicago area, I would suggest you contact the Cook County Health Department and if that doesn't help, try the Health Department for the State in Springfield.

Keep calling, asking questions, if they know of no 'treatment' places, ask about Doctors that are familiar with alcoholism. If that doesn't work, as a last resort ask about Mental Health Facilities as they should have some Addiction counselors.

Hope that helps. Just remember, whatever rehab you eventually find, every rehab is only as good as the 'effort' put into it by the individual.

Love and hugs,
Old 10-06-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Tib did you get my PM?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Tiburon

A very close friend of mine, in Chicago, is celebrating his 20th year of sobriety.

Besides AA, he attended outpatient rehab at Grant Hospital in Chicago (Lincoln Park). He has great things to say about it. Saved his life.

So, I did some research for you. I was coming up rather empty, until I discovered that Grant Hospital is now Lincoln Park Hospital.

So, I went there and saw nothing regarding addiction treatment.

Then I disvoered that their program is called "New Hope Recovery Center" and is housed in Lincoln Park Hospital.

I think that posting the link may violate the terms of this message board, and I do not want to do that. I do want to help you save your life.

Google it, Tib. First result. My friend is like a brother to me and I hold whatever he says in the highest regard.

warren
Old 10-06-2008, 11:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Tib, I hope you find the help you need very soon.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I know where you are coming from, Tiburon, detox centers around here are always full and rehabs are thousands of dollars.

Hang in there... perhaps you can try and gradually cut back while waiting for something to open up?