Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

How do I fight the Friday and Saturday night boredom?

Notices

How do I fight the Friday and Saturday night boredom?

Old 09-20-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Lots of good suggestions here to combat boredom. I often find myself bored and not even wanting to do anything. So I walk my dogs. They need the exercise and quality time with me, and walking them is always fun, so giving them an extra walk is always apreciated.

:ghug3
Old 09-20-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Video games for me! Woo hoo!
Old 09-20-2008, 11:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

ugh I have this same problem and its really bad right now.

yeah im totally addicted to Michaels & Target and decorating and cleaning DURING THE DAY

but at night, on the weekends, when i get home from work (serving tables wine and drinks) and being stressed out by mean customers and crappy tippers,
its usually like 11. right now its 11:38.
Everyone else (friends) is out partying, drinking or not. No one is home, no one is online or on AIM or myspace, and I can never sleep. Watching TV or movies gets me too excited and amped so I cant sleep even worse but stuff like warm milk doesnt get me to sleep-
even if i did get to sleep, seeing as tho i woke up at noon itd be like taking a nap and id wake up at 3am. The liquor store is open til midnight on weekends, so the temptation is horrible.. but i know that in 20 minutes there will be no way to get a drink even if i give in. WHICH im not going to tonight.

My problem tonight isnt the fight- ive already made my decision to not drink...
my problem is what to do!? does anyone else have this problem especially on weekends?
weekdays are fine but on weekends theres no one to call, no one to hang out with and theres nothing to do this late. Maybe the gym but i went earlier and itd probably amp me up and i'd never sleep. I think im just lonely and bored. I feel like ive read the whole internet, my house is immaculate, ugh.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RufusACanal View Post
There is a whole world of stuff to do now that the focus is off booze. Learn a new language, read, go to the movies, try a new diner, go shopping, go to a concert, get some rest, clean your home, volunteer your time, take art lessons, learn a musical instrument, cut the grass, make a new friend. You are alive - live!
Learn a new language? Take art lessons? Volunteer? Learn an instrument?

You inspire me Rufus.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:17 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

CW...if you can't find something from that list of
150 ...I have no clue.

I did quit working nights in a restaurant
and took an office job. Have you thought of that?
Old 09-21-2008, 03:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Gold Member

I work too as a waitress,but I do not serve alcohol. I went back to school so I do not have to waitress all my life. I'm never bored because now I have school work to do all the time,but I do know where your comming from cantwait11. I also find time to go to meetings to help me not drink and to have a social life. Why don't you try taking up a class? It will give your life new meaning and take up some of those hours during the day and night.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Look it's only a psychological ****** up notion that alcohol makes ou have more fun. In all honesty you can have the same amount of fun sober without being hungover and depressed the next day.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

How about an online class? That would keep you busy on the weekends.