Notices

9 weeks tomorrow

Old 08-05-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry 9 weeks tomorrow

9 weeks tomorrow thing gonin well except 4 one thing,the meetings, started off great ,love it, now not to good dont know but i just dont fell good gonin in any more mybe i need a change but maybe it will feel like starting again, dont think i could handle that one again, did any one else get this feeling
Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I got sober in a city....and so I did attend a variety
of AA meetings. That kept me in balance and each
one was more interesting by mixing them around.

Well Done on your sober time!
Congratulations!....
Old 08-05-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
When I'm feeling good I need to be at a meeting, when I'm feeling rotten I need to be at a meeting. I drank on days that ended with the letters D-A-Y, so I can probably make it to meetings on those days too, even when I don't feel like being there. Right now I'm in a slump with my meetings, I'm having trouble relating to what I hear. To me that's a reason to continue going until I do hear the message.

Make sense? 9 weeks is excellent progress, I hope you continue to attend meetings and commit yourself to a program of recovery. For me it's a survival tool, a matter of life or death.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
where the light is

I did go through a period when I was feeling uncomfortable attending meetings. I had to find balance - the right number of meetings, the groups I felt most comfortable with.

Also, at 9 weeks, I did not feel like a newcomer nor did I have any kind of strong bond with other members (fellowship) - that old, familiar "I don't belong" feeling. Just had to be patient. Also, working on the steps kept me motivated to attend meetings, to learn & share.

I was able to talk about all of this stuff with my sponsor and he did tell me that my feelings were normal.

I have to maintain my focus, not get complacent with my sobriety. It would be all too easy to forget where I came from. I don't ever want to go back there.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

9 weeks is awesome, staying sober and working the steps involves doing things we are not always comfortable with, try other meetings, I will bet you money that you will run into people you see at other meetings and more people will get to know you. It took me at least 6 months before I settled in on a core group of meetings in my area. I have one meeting I go to know that is getting a bit stale for me, but 2 of my sponsees go to it and like it, so for know I will stick with it, probably sometime with in the next few months I will start meeting shopping again.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I too felt that way. I gave myself a rule. When I reach the point of not wanting to go to any meetings anymore.. I go every night until that feeling is gone.