Notices

My 15 year old drunk

Old 07-13-2003, 01:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

My 15 year old drunk

I just picked my 15 year old from a friend's. He was very drunk. It shocked and frightened me. He was mad about a consequence I gave him for sneaking out at night with a friend and this was his way of coping with his anger. To me, that seems a serious danger sign. He knows the serious depression I have been through with my daughter...I guess he knows how to cause me pain. I want to help him help himself, before deeper trouble occurs. I have asked this question in the Christian forum, but will ask it here too. If you are an alcoholic/drug abuser, what might have made a difference for you when you first began? If you were a kid at the time, what might your parents have done differently to help you? Thanks for your comments,
Old 07-13-2003, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My dysfunctional behavior was a direct result of my dysfunctional family.

Nobody talked about anything in my family.I guess somehow us children were just supposed to "know" stuff without being told.

I may probably never know the answer but I suspect if things had been different at home I would not have become a drunk.

Kids are more aware of their environment than we realize.They may not always remember what we say but they remember what we do.We tell them one thing and then we act another.

Experimenting with alcohol seems to be a normal part of growing up and not all kids that experiment with drugs and alcohol turn out to be junkies.However a part of it depends on how we play our role as guardians.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Doug

Well said Peter.

Old 07-14-2003, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

another well said Peter!