Notices

Simply Be Honest

Old 07-09-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Simply Be Honest

Honesty is free to all who seek it. The freedom derived from being honest is a treasure beyond count. No longer do I jump at the sound of a siren, nor do I plan a quick story and or getaway when flashing lights turn up in my rear view mirror. When something is missing from work or around the house, I know with absolute certainty that it is not at the pawn shop via my actions. When asked where I was at a particular time, I can choose to share that information honesty or not at all; dishonesty no longer rules.

Honesty is one of the surest ways to faith, if for no other reason than honesty dispels fear. Honesty builds integrity and paves the way for responsibility.

Who do you hurt more with dishonesty; yourself. After a point, your dishonesty is noted by your peers and you are not afforded the freedom that the honest person enjoys. By allowing dishonesty to manifest in your life you literally waste moments of your life in the vain attempt to change the unchangeable. Denial, lying, mendaciousness, insincerity, disingenuousness, and hypocrisy all limit us as humans and are completely unnecessary in this new life of recovery.

Simply be honest, it could save your life and give you back the opportunity to live life free.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

So true, so true, in order to even begin the path to sobriety I had first be honest with myself, once sober I have found in order to stay sober and happy I have to be honest with all.