Notices

Getting over the past

Old 07-05-2008, 04:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm off to my meeting where I get to get my 6th month chip. I have to be honest, this will be the first I've picked up because I'm kinda embarassed. I wanted to have some time behind me before I could face some of these guys. There's a guy in my home meeting that picked up 30 years recently. I'm only 32. I can't even begin to comprehend his kind of sobriety. He comes every week with his wife. She is my blueprint for what I want in a partner.

I hope that sounds like what I mean and not what I wrote.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Cool

Hey T ---

"...There's a guy in my home meeting that picked up 30 years recently. I'm only 32. I can't even begin to comprehend his kind of sobriety..."

I got a secret for ya. Now I don't have 32 years (22 as of last month), but when I was new in recovery and attending a LOT of meetings (sometimes at our club from 5:15 meeting right through the candlelight mtg at 11:30) there was one thing that absolutely threw me.....

When folks announced they had years in recovery, I gottit, but when someone announced that they had: '6 months' or 'a week' or '3 days' well....those were the ones I found hard to swallow....yeh sure they hadn't a drink/drug all week.....hah......

Somehow in my keen mathmatical, analytical mind it never occured to me that it took.....days, weeks, months to reach those years.....hmmmm, ah well; some of us are a tad slower than others.....lol

NoelleR
Old 07-06-2008, 01:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Originally Posted by Texasblind View Post
I know I'll meet somebody while I'm in sobriety. Starting a relationship off on the right foot this time.
Look forward to that and more importantly, meeting yourself in recovery & making that relationship work - and even more importantly your relationship with God then you're all set !

Breakups are always hard. Ijmmerse yourself in feeling it (that's life & recovery) then when you are ready let it go...

Cathy31
x