Happy birthday Stacey wish you a great day. Be Cool BikerBill8
Old 07-02-2003, 02:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Stacey
Old 07-02-2003, 08:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank You so much!!!

Hi!
Thank you! I didn't realize this post was for me!!! I was just sitting here...I'm alone and I saw Happy Birthday, and I was like...well, maybe someone else has some thoughts about how to curve the cravings on my b-day?..and clicked on it. Well, it must've been fate because here I am! Thank you! You guys are great! I am actually still sober. It is currently day 12 and I'm doing ok, ya know? I was really worried about today because Jennie seemed to make it her personal mission to make me drink but, I had my parents here the whole time and now everyone is gone. I'm here alone and kinda down..but ya know, it's a good down. I'm ok with it. My b/f is 30 minutes late getting home (it had better be because he's getting me a present! hehe) My dad was an ******* as always. He insulted Jennie. He is hard to explain. He used to hit me as a kid when he was mad. Now he takes out..whatever he's got inside him on my friends. He "jokes" with them. Like, an example...I put in the DVD of Old school joking like..hey, dad...check this out" because there's naked girls in the menu. Well, my dad looks at Jennie and goes, "I bet Jennie's jealous because theirs are bigger than hers." I could go on and on with about 6 of these he managed to throw out at Jennie tonight, and it's not the first time. That and he made my mom buy me a present off her part time job at Meijer that I told her not even to get me, but it was sweet she did. Then we went out to eat and my dad made everyone pay their own way. See...none of this would really bother me if my dad didn't throw such a fit if I don't get him like a $50 b-day present when I only make $80 a week. Sigh....so....alas, another birthday gone by. I have a long way to go before I'm really ok but....I just let all that go. It's a part of my recovery I have embrased, letting all my anger toward my father go. I have said stuff to him, it's just impossible to deal with. He will just blow me off and go..."I was just joking, she knows that!" (about Jennie). So, I have found it's just easier to take lots of deep breaths and let all my anger go and try not to see my dad too often. As for the rest of my night, Dave's friends are coming over and we're having a grill. I took the morning off work to sleep in and hit a meeting. Overall, it was an ok birthday that I was really worried about but, here I am...sober as a rock. And ya know, the best part of my day was the messages from you guys. Thank you a ton...it means a lot to me. You guys made me cry....right now, I haven't been to a meeting in 4 days due to work and you are my support. I thank you from the bottem of my heart. Dave just arrived home and ordered me to stay in the computer room so...looks like my night is about to get better. Thank you again, this was the best surprize I've gotten in awhile. I love you all,
Staying Sober,
Stacey
P.S. Happy Birthday to me! 24 years old!
Old 07-04-2003, 10:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Yaaaaaaaaay Happy birthday to Stacey!