Notices

again..

Old 05-01-2008, 05:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Em002 View Post
Mypaperanchor- True my life does partly revolve around drinking its the social thing that I do with my friends.
Just don't forget that the word partly goes away over time. My life partly revolved around alcohol too. It was a social thing I did with my friends too. 18 years later, I am a recovering alcoholic. It's a slow progressive journey for a lot of people, but you can stop now before you get there. Regrets and what not are all that drinking has offerred me in the long run.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just something to think about.... normal social drinkers don't continuously (3 times) end up in an ambulance being carried to the hospital due to their drinking.

And normal drinkers don't have to question their relationship with alcohol. To them, alcohol is a take it or leave it thing. They can drink one and not think about it again.

Do you find yourself constantly thinking about it?

When you take the first drink, do you lose control?

Alcohol has stages you go through before you get physically dependent. One thing for certain is the fact that if you are having these kinds of problems now, these problems will continue to grow worse.

And the physical part sneaks up on you as you continue to drink.

Alcohol doesn't give you the directions to the downward spiral of hell it brings. This is poison to an alcoholic. As you drink, the more pain and the more lost you will be.

Glad you are here asking questions and seeking answers. Keep reaching out.