Notices

Ok, I finally get it!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Let go, let God.

Good evening to you all. Oh boy do I have something funny to tell you all. I went to the city for a noon meeting. This time there was a meeting, all women. I was so excited... until I realized it was an Al-Anon meeting!!! I appologized to the ladies and explained that I thought it was an AA meeting. Well, they invited me to stay anyways. So I did and things turned out terrific. Two ladies invited me to a room to talk and I told them a little about me when they asked. They asked if anyone else in my family had problems with drinking beside me and I told them about mother and my husband. Then they told me their personal stories. It was really great. They both gave me their phone numbers and told me I was welcome to call them anytime for support over my husbands drinking.

Then we went back into the main meeting room to join everyone else and they introduced me to a lady who attends both AA and Al-Anon. The same situation as myself (husband still drinking). Then she took me aside and gave me all the AA information, where all the meetings are in the city etc...

I was at the right place today, just the wrong day. lol Yesterday was AA at noon. So is Tomorrow (Friday). Plus they have a step series mtg on Wednesday evenings (7-9) that's just starting with Step 1. Plus her and I exchanged phone numbers (she's calling me tomorrow morning to talk more). She also gave me the city meeting list which has meetings 7 days (20 all week at various places).

Finally the lady chairing called to close the mtg. When that was done, some came up and gave me hug and told me I was welcome anytime.

So there you have it. Maybe tomorrow I will get to an AA meeting???? lol
:atv
Old 04-24-2008, 10:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

Oh awesome thats great. Sounds like your in good hands. I bet you feel pretty good right now
Old 04-24-2008, 10:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

God was doing an extra special blessing for you today!
Congratulations!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thats great Kathy. Sounds like just what you needed!
Old 04-24-2008, 11:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Cool!!!

Plus they have a step series mtg on Wednesday evenings (7-9) that's just starting with Step 1.
I'd hit that one.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Wow Kate. Sounds like just what you needed.

God shot!
Old 04-25-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Awesome Kathy, sounds like someone above is looking out for you!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Let go, let God.

you know Astro, I think you're right. Had the first meeting happened on Wednesday for me, I probably wouldn't have gone to that noon meeting in the city. Actually, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have. I believe it all happened for a very good reason. And it all came from my biggest supporter, my Father, God. He knows what's best for me and will lead me so long as I let him.

If it pop's in my head/heart to do something and it feels good, I'm going to trust it from this day forward.

Thank you everyone.

Much love and appreciation,

Kathy
Old 04-25-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I post this often, sorry for the repeat but it's a good reminder that even when I turned my back on God, he was always by my side......

Footprints
Also Known As "I Had a Dream"

One night I dreamed a dream.
I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.

When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.

"Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."
Old 04-25-2008, 09:47 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Let go, let God.

((((Astro)))) Thanks for the reminder. I love that.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:55 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
where the light is

For me, this entire thread/experience is about perseverance, helping each other, and the Creator taking care of us. Kathy, I am so happy that you are finding what you need.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:50 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

God Shot! And you showed up!! Well done!!!
Cathy31
x