Notices

What I love to see here!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

What I love to see here!!!

What I love to see is change!!!!

I see people going from just a short time ago someone desperately seeking a solution to thier drinking problem, asking for support and guidance to a person holding out hope and support to others still struggling!

This to me is what it is all about! We hold out our hands asking for help, a hand takes ours and pulls us out from the bowels of hell into the light. We then once in the light see another hand reaching out for help and we grab it helping someone else escape the insanity.

It is a big beautiful circle.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are so right Taz .
Thats one reason i love this site , so much help and i rarely leave without some new knowledge or something to think about.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Being one who came here only a couple weeks ago, hurting, miserable and broken, I have to admit I am extremely grateful for this site! I fell 100% better, I am sober, and I owe a lot of it to the support I got here. Thanks to the kind comments I got and the encouragement, I have been attending AA meetings every day and working with a sponsor. I may not have done it without the encouragement and personal stories here...
Old 04-24-2008, 09:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobergirl77 View Post
Being one who came here only a couple weeks ago, hurting, miserable and broken, I have to admit I am extremely grateful for this site! I fell 100% better, I am sober, and I owe a lot of it to the support I got here. Thanks to the kind comments I got and the encouragement, I have been attending AA meetings every day and working with a sponsor. I may not have done it without the encouragement and personal stories here...
ditto! pretty much my story too, thanx for saving me typing it out sobergirl

I'm very grateful for the SR community and its amazing support.:ghug
Old 04-24-2008, 09:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm not an alcoholic but my brother is. I've learned so much from this site to help him, but ultimately its he who decides on how to proceed with his life. He doesnt browse much through here, but I frequently send him postings and threads of others from here. I think its having an effect and he is now at the point of saying enough is enough and will undergo detox (abroad) and join our local branch (equivalent) of AA here.

IMO, this site is the most compassionate, most valuable resource for those battling with alcoholism to turn to. The impact it can have on peoples lives, including the families of those afflicted, is immeasurable. I thank you all sincerely.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steamvessel View Post
I kind of like alcoholics
Me too!
Old 04-25-2008, 06:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Beautifully stated Taz!

I love seeing people "get it" and begin to move forward in their recovery.

Sobriety is just the very beginning!

Seren