Notices

2 weeks

Old 04-13-2008, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks

Hi, just dropping by. Well I have 14 days behind me, Ive been spending time at SMART RecoveryŽ which has really helped. I am just getting on with my life, trying to get back to "normal". Kept on making changes and started back with all sorts of stuff I have let slide for years, because I was either too drunk or could not be bothered.

For the first time in a really long while I feel relaxed and positive. Ok, so I still get the odd panic about stuff and suddenly an irrational urge to drink flits by, so I know that little alcoholic voice is still sitting on my shoulder, but it gets smaller each day. Ive slept pretty well the last 3 nights and what a joy to wake up refreshed and not hungover, or worse, still drunk.

Oh I am still trying to do the yoga, still rubbish, they only let me come so that everybody else looks good.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

if you are looking for mediation or relaxing try this
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...editation.html

i find that helps if i do once or twice a day for 10 minutes,
other wise keep up the good work you well find when each day passes you well feele alot better
Old 04-13-2008, 12:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know you are making progress Pete!
Old 04-13-2008, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Good job ice, doing better than I am, I'm only on day 6.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are doing well. Just got home from a SMART recovery meeting myself. I learn something good every time I go.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hey Pete

I remember you from a long time back. Well done on the two weeks buddy.

Ive slept pretty well the last 3 nights and what a joy to wake up refreshed and not hungover, or worse, still drunk.
Oh yes - I remember those days. Thank you for reminding of them. It is a true miracle that I wake up in the morning now and not 'come round' as I used to. To be honest - at the end of my drinking I would 'wake up' (especially at the weekends) and not even know if it was morning or evening.

Another wonderful thing is that I no longer have that crushing anxiety that I would wake to every time. That terrible, terrible feeling of despair and pain. That has now gone. Totally gone. One day at a time I hope it will be gone for ever.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

HI JaySee, Good to hear from you, yes it is good to just feel normal and get on with stuff without that great weight to drag around each day making even the easy tasks difficult. This time for me it has been about embracing change, no white knuckles, I am starting to really live again.

Take care all
Old 04-15-2008, 04:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Oh I am still trying to do the yoga, still rubbish, they only let me come so that everybody else looks good.
Well at least they aren't laughing at you!!!! LOL I can imagine they would get quite a laugh at me as they helped me up off the floor!!!!

Congrats on the 2 weeks pete, embracing change and changing is what it is all about.