Notices

God does for us what we cannot do...

Old 03-08-2008, 05:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God does for us what we cannot do...

Lately I've been busy. Always moving, always got something that has to be done at a certain time. I was getting frustrated because I never felt that I had enough time. Then God decided to give me some time.

Level 3 snow emergerency in Cincinnati. Whats on that stool outside in my back yard is what on all the streets and everywhere else. To you northerners it may look like just a dusting, but to our road crews it's alot. About a foot of snow with multipal foot drifts. Were also getting about 6 to 8 more inches. Look's like I'm gonna have time.

Tom

Last edited by Signal30; 03-08-2008 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Right on Signal. Same thing here, I think you got hit a little harder than we did.
When I did my 5th step my sponsor pointed out many things God has done for me.
Being just a typical ol' alkie, I would have never even seen these things.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You may be an alcoholic if...

Early Saturday morning people find you like this....

I'm going to try to get my boy out this afternoon to play with me out in the snow.

Why is it that when there's a decent amount of snow we turn into 6 years old's wanting to play???

Good times.

Tom
Old 03-08-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cool

Much as I luv to watch it snow....and even play in the snow....it's still wet when you come right down to it.....and the cold? You can have it! This old body don't like the cold....heck, when the thermometer dips below 80, it's jacket-time for me....or at least a sweatshirt.....lol

Now if only there were a way to have snow in 90+ degree weather.....I'd be in heaven.....lol

NoelleR
Old 03-08-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Signal30 View Post
Why is it that when there's a decent amount of snow we turn into 6 years old's wanting to play???
Both of my daughters (now 30 and 19) still speak fondly of the time we got about 8" of snow, and I loaded them up in the old Nova that evening (not another soul was out), went up to the high school parking lot, fresh with virgin snow, cranked up the stereo and did donuts allllll over the parking lot while they laughed and screamed with delight!

Having a second/third/etc childhood is a good thing, my friend!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The snow day is worth it. My son got his first romp in the snow.

Tom
Old 03-08-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just wanted to add this. Greyhounds love the snow too (and yes, he's wearing pajamas)!

Probably not for dialup folks, big file
(click on the picture for the video)
Old 03-09-2008, 09:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Ohh how I envy you all. Snow, Ive seen it twice. We have had 36-40 C for two weeks here with no relief in sight. We are in for another week of it.

Throw some my way please!!!!!!!

We are cooling off like this...
Old 03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Greetings from North on 75 Signal 30!

I'm up in Dayton and our official total here right outside the city was 15". When I went to my Meeting Friday, during the first part of the snowstorm, I couldn't believe what I saw. The club where the Meeting was held is located on a busy street, tons of strip malls and nearly every restaurant you could imagine. There weren't many cars in front of any of the stores and finding a parking space in the restaurant's lots was no problem. But the parking lot of Southside, the AA Club I go to was packed! It was nearly standing room only at the Meeting.

Just goes to show that many alcoholics/addicts are willing to go to any length (or inches lol) to get to a meeting. I might add that we had one of THE best snowball fights in the parking lot after the meeting. Talk about a bunch of 6 year olds!

God Bless & Thank God . . . Just for Today

Judy
Old 03-10-2008, 05:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Signal, I too live in Ohio and we got at least 14 inches with a lot of blowing and drifting. THat winter storm, and my being broke anyway, was what kept me from going out to get alcohol during my first two days of withdrawal. Now I know why we had that storm - so I couldn't go out for more wine! Well I'm now on day three and it's getting better, finally. THe best to you.

xoxo:ghug
Old 03-11-2008, 03:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The snow is almost completely gone. Gotta love March snow storms. Cincinnati has bipolar weather. "Today I feel sunny and warm." "Grrrr, I having a bad day, snow and freezing rain for everybody." All this in a 24 hour period.

Mother nature needs some Lithium.

Tom