Notices

Alcoholism and muscle cramps?

Old 10-09-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm not giving medical advice just passing on some info I found interesting. My SIL had horrible muscle cramps (she is Mormon and doesn't drink) her GP told her to drink tonic water (no alcohol of course) something to do with the quinine in it that stopped her cramps. You might ask your doctor about it. However, if tonic water reminds you too much of drinking....it might be wise to stick with bananas. Oh and by all means DONT DRINK ... except for lots of water.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Connection between Alcohol and Muscles Cramps

Muscle cramps are common and may be stopped by stretching the muscle. The cramping muscle may feel hard or bulging. Muscle cramps are common and often occur when a muscle is overused or injured. Alcoholism can be one cause because heavy drinking can lead to memory loss. So it can lead to muscle cramp as your mind is not in controllable state as you don’t even come to know when your muscles got injured or over cramped which leads to sever muscle cramp. Prescribe to a doctor if you are having pain due to muscle cramps. Do your muscles stretching everyday as this can overcome muscle cramps. Pain medicines should be prescribed if you are having severe pain.