Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I made it through my first weekend ever with no alcohol!

Notices

Old 01-29-2008, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Meaning... I made it through Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night with NO drinking. I usually get drunk on those nights ESPECIALLY Friday and Saturday.

The upside...no hangovers! The downside...no going out this weekend. Stayed inside and watched movies the whole time. Had to decline social events. *sigh*

Anyway, that's the first weekend in.... well I can't even remember...maybe 4 years since I've had nothing all weekend. WOW!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sbp

Now to continue staying sober you may want to consider some new friends who don't drink.

There are plenty of places you can go and not drink. There doesn't have to be a downside to not drinking. Go out and have fun. Going out and having fun does not have to be at a bar or pub.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations!! Guess what... you'll even remember what movies you watched a week from now!!! AND what happened in them

I watch a lot of movies and read a lot of books. I'm 35 with a family so the quiet stay in nights don't bother me too much anymore.

With time, you'll enjoy the quiet nights more, and eventually even be able to attend social events. There are even social events without drinking where you can learn to have fun without alcohol!

Congratulations again!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

A little quiet time for self can be a good thing.
Congratulations on your days collected.

What you may want to do before you start thinking you are gathering more quiet time then you feel you need...
Look into things you can do with your evenings.
A movie out.
Bowling
The gym
Start taking some classes.
Karate

What ever you can think of that you may want to do...just do it without alcohol involved.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats, Chiq!

The first w/e is always hardest to me, once I get through one, they get easier to where you dont give it much of a though.

Good going, keep it up!
S
Old 01-29-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't miss the alcohol at all yet. I love waking up with no hangover.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you made it!

congrats... watching a movie and remembering it? that would be sweet! i watch them over and over if they are good.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Weekends?
That's when I found AA meetings to be helpful.

Take care...you too can enjoy sobriety.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That is some great news. I do not miss drinking at all. I think life is better without it. When drinking, I used to wake up regreting the night before. I wake up now knowing I am not hurting myself. I look forward to the mornings now. No regrets.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I thought I'd be bored to death when I stopped drinking. As it turns out, there's all kinds of fun things to do.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I know about a dance in my area that is going to be chock full of alcoholics in attendance and not a single drop of booze will be consumed at the entire event. Heck we are even doing some Kareoke (sp)! LOL

You know isolating was a very very bad thing for me in early sobriety, I drank alone for many years, I reached the point in my drinking where I felt like I stood out in a bar due to the amount I drank, I did not want anyone to get me confused with all those alcoholics in there getting plowed every night! LOL

My early sobriety I spent surrounded every evening by fellow alcoholics, all of us working on helping each other to stay sober by sharing what we were doing to become better people and learning how to ive life on lifes terms sober. I still hang out with them about 4 nights a week and have a blast!!!

I have found in sobriety that every single thing I did while drinking I do better sober and everything that I could not do while drinking I can do today!!!

My sobriety has made the world my oyster, when I was drinking my whole world fit inside of a beer can!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats on the weekend. Those were tough on me. I did not go out a lot so I did not miss that part but it was hard to imagine a weekend without booze. I do enjoy going to work on Monday not feeling like hammered crap. Glad you made past a rough spot, keep it up.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats!

Keep it up.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

This post is exactly what i hope to achieve this weekend!
Waking up remembering the whole weekend without trying to think what the on earth had happened, or who i'd offended.
I want to look forward to my mornings not dread them, as 1963comet wrote.

xx
Old 01-31-2008, 12:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Chiq - congratulations!

Welcome .. to a larger world.

There's so many other things to center a life around than alcohol.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiquen81 View Post
Meaning... I made it through Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night with NO drinking. I usually get drunk on those nights ESPECIALLY Friday and Saturday.

The upside...no hangovers! The downside...no going out this weekend. Stayed inside and watched movies the whole time. Had to decline social events. *sigh*

Anyway, that's the first weekend in.... well I can't even remember...maybe 4 years since I've had nothing all weekend. WOW!
Congrats! Weekends are the hardest in my opinion.
Well Done!