Old 01-30-2008, 04:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I know about a dance in my area that is going to be chock full of alcoholics in attendance and not a single drop of booze will be consumed at the entire event. Heck we are even doing some Kareoke (sp)! LOL

You know isolating was a very very bad thing for me in early sobriety, I drank alone for many years, I reached the point in my drinking where I felt like I stood out in a bar due to the amount I drank, I did not want anyone to get me confused with all those alcoholics in there getting plowed every night! LOL

My early sobriety I spent surrounded every evening by fellow alcoholics, all of us working on helping each other to stay sober by sharing what we were doing to become better people and learning how to ive life on lifes terms sober. I still hang out with them about 4 nights a week and have a blast!!!

I have found in sobriety that every single thing I did while drinking I do better sober and everything that I could not do while drinking I can do today!!!

My sobriety has made the world my oyster, when I was drinking my whole world fit inside of a beer can!