Notices

just wondering

Old 12-28-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool just wondering

lately i feel like an alcoholic

i'm only 17,but i dropped out of highschool last year and have been supporting myself outside of my parents house since

ive been drinking since i was like 12,but more regularily over the past year,i go throught phases where i'll drink everynight for a week then bingedrink one night and be hungover for a few days and not drink for awhile,idk i just feel like atleast 70% of my life is spent hungover or drunk and lately i find that i cant stop drinking once i start and i end up really drunk and then i go home and cry to my boyfriend about how everyone hates me

when probably the only reason people would not like me is due to how i act when im drunk

i haven't really noticed any physical withdrawl symptoms but im starting to feel kind of emotionally/socially dependant on alcohol

i don't know

i'm only writing this because im really hungover and feel like venting my frusteration with people who could possibly relate

i'm not stupid my dad was an addict and is currently in aa along with many of my friends
,im almost positive i should not drink anymore im just not sure what else to do with myself given the fact that i've already chosen not to live conventionally by failing to graduate highschool so i feel like there's not much going for me
Old 12-28-2007, 12:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cocoaz View Post
im almost positive i should not drink anymore im just not sure what else to do with myself given the fact that i've already chosen not to live conventionally by failing to graduate highschool so i feel like there's not much going for me
What will it take to convince you that you shouldn't drink anymore? If you have never tried to stop, you don't know if you have a problem or not.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think that if you're asking if you have a problem, then you probably do. Do you want things to be different?
Old 12-28-2007, 01:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i geuss

i'm really ambivalent

i haven't tried to stop indefinitly,but i have told myself that i wouldn't drink for a week but then i do after like 2 days

its never felt like an issue till recently i've been experiencing like intense feelings of depression and hopelessness after a night of drinking
Old 12-28-2007, 01:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

When my drinking resulted in depression
I started to attend AA.

Blessings to you and your BF
Old 12-28-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cocoaz View Post
i geuss

i'm really ambivalent

i haven't tried to stop indefinitly,but i have told myself that i wouldn't drink for a week but then i do after like 2 days

its never felt like an issue till recently i've been experiencing like intense feelings of depression and hopelessness after a night of drinking
Is it safe to say that your attempts at moderating or stopping completely have failed?
Old 12-28-2007, 02:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Only you can decide if you are an alcoholic. Some decide early in their disease, some never admit it and die drunk... You can complicate the "definition" of alcoholic or keep it simple.

I need to keep it simple -- I couldn't "stay stopped" from drinking. I am an alcoholic.

I love seeing young people your age come into AA and set forth on a sober life. If I could re-write my past, I would have probably come into AA at that stage of my life. It would have saved me a lot of yets.

If your screename is an indication that you live in AZ, we have tons of great meetings available.... go to A.A. Phoenix Arizona.

Either way, usually if you are questioning if you have a problem with drinking, you do...

Welcome to SR either way!

NMB
Old 12-28-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

cocoaz,

What do you want? I mean... what is it that you want to do? To see if you have a problem? Do you want someone to tell you that you have a problem? Or you do want to come to that conclusion yourself? Do you want to stop drinking? What do you want from yourself?

Is there anything that you want out of life? What's the perfect life for you, and be honest?

I'm just curious...