same planet...different world

Hey reinvent -

how's it going now?
Old 12-28-2007, 03:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Does it ever stop???!!!! I get so tired of this rediculous conversation
in my head!
For me I have a committee in my head, when I was drinking this committee was headed up by King Alcohol and co-chaired by pride and ego, these folks led the meeting, they were loud and I listened to them because they were who I was. There was a little voice I would hear very faintly saying "Martin your pride and ego are allowing King Alcohol to run your life!", but King alcohol and my pride and ego would scream at him to shut up we are running this show. That little voice was my HP trying to tell me I was messing up and destroying my life.

Well one day I finally had enough, King alcohol had kicked my butt and I knew it, I also knew that my pride and ego were keeping me drunk and at King alcohols throne.

The committee in my head needed a new chair person, a chairperson who had more power then me, my pride, my ego and most importantly King alcohol!!!!

I had to push my pride and my ego away from the committee table and turn the entire committee in my head over to my HP! My HP as long as I kept my pride and ego away from the committee table pushed King alcohol off of the chairpersons chair and started running the show. Oh yes on occasion I would let my pride and ego step up to the committee table and when they did King alcohol would be right behind them shouting for my HP to step aside and let him take over because he knew what was best for me was a drink!!!!

As time has passed, I have worked the steps, my HP is firmly in place at the head of the committee every day, one day at a time, as long as I am working my program King alcohol sits very quietly over in a very dark area of my head....... waiting, plottting, & on occasions when I am starting to let my pride and ego grao at the expense of my HP he will start to whisper to me.... But if I stay on top of my program and simply listen to my HP and let him run the show King Alcohol will crawl back into his hole and shut up.

The steps of AA have allowed me a daily repreive from my alcoholism as long as I maintain my spiritual condition.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
Hey reinvent -

how's it going now?

Going great!
We snowshoed for 3 hours in Tahoe at Echo Lake. It was a clear, beautiful day. I fell down a few times, but it was fun to fall in the snow!
I love hiking/snowshoeing, I get to see so much beauty that can't be seen from a car or just standing on the outskirts.

The AV has shown its self, a little. Coming here has seemed to really help.