Notices

Drinking and driving

Old 11-25-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
RJS

The last hit and run I was convicted of, I had lost my license with over twenty traffic violations in the state of Texas, and my drinking had blown up about the same time. I left my truck parked for four months after being notified. I was terrified of drinking and driving. I wouldn't even sit in my truck drinking with keys in my pocket. But there came a blackout when some twisted reasoning in my alcohol boiled brain made it OK to get behind the wheel. I woke up in the drunk tank and was transferred to a felon pod in the county jail. Talk about the four horsemen. I only vaguely remembered being arrested.

And it was that way throughout my drinking carreer. I didn't know when or where it would come, but sooner or later, it would happen. I even boiled it down to a grim statistic. Every two years, at least, something terrible would happen because of my drinking. I could not deny something else was coming down the pipeline, some foul beast fixing unblinking eyes upon me and inexorably closing the gap to the next incident. I quaked in terror and had visions in fevered dreams of these things.

When I say 'But for the Grace of God', it is not the prattling of child mouthing pretty trinkets of words, I understand what I speak of, and cannot read or hear of these terrible incidents without sharing more than a touch of the intolerable anguish the responsible drunk lives in like an unquenchable fire.

To the fellow drunk goes my pity.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am humbled.

I was in an drunk driving accident when I was 23, 16 years ago. I was the drunk.

Nobody was injured but me. I am so thankful for that.

While I was in the hospital, though, I thought I had killed someone. I won't soon forget that feeling.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes, I am sad to admit I drove drunk many times. This is me Friday. The guy who hit me had been drinking. My buddy almost beat him to a pulp. Couldnt really call the cops cause phones dont work out there. He also had no insurance. My quads are fully insured. Collision, Personal injury, etc. Now I have a wrecked quad and can barely walk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6CdSrUrRcs
Old 11-25-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

And this was my Girl Friend in June of 2000. http://www.co.washington.or.us/sheri...a/ftl_1car.htm