Notices

Trying to get back on the wagon...

Old 10-14-2007, 04:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to get back on the wagon...

I was 8 months sober then lost my dog and my son. I want desperately to quit again, but can only make it for a few days at a time now. Has anyone ever suggested a forum here to check in before and after work for support and inspiration..? Kind of a virtual AA meeting? I need the support of others and I would be happy to support them in return!
Old 10-14-2007, 05:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why don't you use this thread to tell all of us how you feel each morning and evening. Feel free to express any cravings, anxieties, physical problems and especially emotional burdens. This forum will give you plenty of support and you'll help to keep us sober.

Good luck and best wishes,
Shaneo.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Online meetings

hi otis,

im so sorry to hear about your losses. i just discovered this site last week and it has been very helpful to me. someone here turned me on to another site called smartrecovery.org. it is not AA, it uses as different approach. they hold online meetings everyday. ive gone to a few and i thought they were very good. maybe you would like to give that a shot. good luck man.

ryan
Old 10-14-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Otis,

I'm so sorry for your losses. There are AA meetings to be found elsewhere on the web, but you will find this to be a very active site with a lot of encouragement and support from other members. Are you attending face to face meetings?
Please continue to read and post - and others will be along to welcome you.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dum vita est spes est

Otis,
First, I'm so sorry for your losses.

Second, I used to provide people with websites that offered what you are asking...the reason I don't now? I'm still drinking.

I'm coming to realize face to face is the only way. This is a nice appetizer, but it doesn't fill me up, if it does you - I wish you the best.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you back Otis
and to know you are trying again.

Prayers for your peace going out.
I too am sorry for your sad losses.

Yes..do check in as often as you like
SR is a 24/7 support site.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Otis welcome back, SR is similar to AA, we do not shoot our wounded!

There are online AA meetings, when it comes to AA for this old drunk I do it face to face, here on SR I strengthen my sobriety by doing 12th step work and learning from others. I noticed you are from Charlotte, I am sure they have more meetings then they do in my area & we have 2 5:30pm meetings every day M-F and a bunch of 7 & 8 PM meetings along with 2 noon meetings M-F with a sprinkling of morning meetings.

Grab a "Where & When" for your area or go to http://www.charlotteaa.org/

This link http://www.charlotteaa.org/meetingschedule.cfm will take you straight to the meeting schedule, there are a bunch of meetings in your area early evenings.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

hey otis, charlotte's got some wonderful meetings. lots of good fellowship and recovery. plus, if you come and share, you just may be helping someone else stay sober. i just lost my dad, and i can totally relate to feeling... bananas. but-you can get sober. sh*t, if i can do it, anyone can. so, check out charlotteaa.org, and see about coming to a meeting. i think there are links to virtual meetings if you google them, too. hopefully we'll see you around... take care.