Notices

Hello friends, update on Steve

Old 09-19-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello friends, update on Steve

It's been a while since I've posted much, but I have been here reading almost every day. It's great to see some of you I started here with doing so well, and always nice to see new comers too. From every story told, every experience related, every event shared, I get something useful I can use in my own life.

I have been on again off again with the drinking most of the summer. I'd go a week, then stay off a week, then back too it. Due to work, I all but stopped running and going to the gym, but was doing a lot of running for work, so I'm not totally trashed, physically. It was a crazy summer, as always, and I guess I just didn't have the time to put into any lifestyle changes. Yea, yea, excuses, excuses.

Anyway, today is day 11 for me, but I'm trying not to count. I'm feeling good again, better than I have all summer. While I dont know how well I will do this time, I figure every sober day is a good one. My wife is going away this weekend, and I'm planning to get lots of stuff done, and not do what I did the last time.

Take care,
God bless you all, without you I would not be this far
S
Old 09-19-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome back Steve, so what have you been doing to get & stay sober besides not drink and stay busy?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Steve

Keep your sobriety as your #1 priority and it'll grow....I'm glad you are still here sharing and reading. Its an awesome journey.........
Old 09-19-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you are trying again Steve...
Sobriety Rocks!

Blessings
Old 09-19-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Taz,

First, you pal, CONGRATS ON 1 YEAR!!! ++++

What am I doing? I'm back to running, it's been a slow start due to some injuries,but getting better each day.

I'm trying to get back to some of my old hobbies, and some new ones.

I'm listening to my best friend in the world, my wife.

I read here a lot.

My wife has me on the "Body ecology diet" Google it, along with alcoholism, and you will find some interesting information.

Trying to get closer to God (more prayer, more services).

Thanks for asking, feel free to offer suggestions!

Best,
S
Old 09-19-2007, 09:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's good to see you again, Steve. Welcome back.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome back Steve, just keep coming back, OK?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Thanks for the congrats on the year Steve.

Sounds right now like you are moving in a good direction, good health, spirituality, keep working on those, they did help me a lot.

The best thing IMHO one can do in life to improve it is to just live in today, One Day at a time!!!!

Keep an open mind to anything that will help you become a better person, toss aside any prejudice you may have against things that may help you.

Keep in mind that the easier softer way may in the long run turn out to be some good old fashioned self examination & change.

We did not get struck drunk in an instant, we took lots of actions to gain the staus of alcoholic, and it is fool hearty of us to think we will get struck sober!!! We need to take actions to get sober.

Steve keep at it my friend, there are plenty of paths to sobriety keep working at it, it will come if we work at it.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steve58 View Post

My wife has me on the "Body ecology diet" Google it, along with alcoholism, and you will find some interesting information.
not to digress, but I LOVE that diet/philosophy, too. Second only to total abstinence from alcohol, it has really strengthened me.

You are lucky to have such a wise friend in your wife.

thanks for sharing.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi again,

Carol, you are like the rock of SR, it's always nice to read your kind words of wisdom and encouragement.

Taz, I do try to keep an open mind. Although I have my reasons for avoiding AA, I have read a lot of the BB on line, and have gotten a lot out of it..

Astro, thanks, that’s something I got from you AA’ers, keep coming back, so I’m back.

Rowan, great job as greater!, you make this place what it is!

Miss C, from everything I read, it makes a lot of sense, the whole diet/philosophy. And you are right, so lucky!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
DKS
Glad to be here

Where can I see a list of what foods you are allowed to and not allowed to eat on the Body Ecoloy Diet? It looks like it has many of the same theories of the diet that I've been following (the Specific Carbohydrate Diet), and I'm curious if the list of legal and illegal foods is similar.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
DKS
Glad to be here

Congratulations on 11 days and on your newly renewed commitment to a healthy lifestyle. Keep up the good work, and good luck!
Old 09-20-2007, 02:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hi steve...and welcome back...I did the same thing each and everytime i slipped this year...I'd still come here everyday and read.....and try to absorb some positive little tidbit....It's like,you know where you WANT to be....you know your destination....you just can't seem to get there.....But,everytime we get lost,we find our way back here,each time bringing with us something new that we've learned about ourselves....thanks to all who have shared the ride with me.....KT