Notices

3 weeks today.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks today.

good morning all....well,i survived another wedding celebration sober....and i have to tell you,i have a better time at functions like that,BEING sober.....I don't have to be at all concerned about saying or doing the wrong thing,or making a fool out of myself...and i always manage to focus on one particular,"party animal" who slowly gets more out of control by the hour....which reinforces my decision to stay sober.Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-20-2007, 02:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Well done m8!
Old 09-20-2007, 03:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Good JB KT, you know I get amused and sad at the same time when I see or watch some one get drunk!

In some of those drunks I see me...... I can see & feel that pain in their eyes even when they are laughing on the outside, the eyes are the window to the soul, and I have been there and done that, I look in thier eyes and it hurts.

I find my wife amusing when she has had one to many, she gets a bit silly, but then again I see something different in her eyes at this time, it is not pain, it is the same sillyness I see on the outside, of course I only see her this way once or twice a year if that much.

What I find odd in a way is that I am developing a 6th sense about those with the same problem I have if they are still practicing, I can still see it in those in early recovery and in those white knuckling it, but in those who have been in true recovery for a while it is very hard for me to see.

I know the old timers can still see it in me, my sponsor still spots the drunk in me on occasion and we talk about it to see what I need to work on to keep that old drunk out of my life.

You are doing well KT, keep at it.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Nice. Glad you made it through because big social events can be tough.

Originally Posted by karrotop View Post
...and i always manage to focus on one particular,"party animal" who slowly gets more out of control by the hour....which reinforces my decision to stay sober.Have a great day everyone!
I like this strategy. I am still sometimes jealous of a person having their first glass of wine at an event but I'm never regretting not being the person having their tenth or eleventh and, for me, it always went way past "just one glass of wine."

You have great day too!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 09-20-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting out of my own way!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY Look at you! Keep doing what your doing cause something is working....awesome!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's fantastic!

I actually enjoy going to events and watching others drink, I was never really a social drinker (more a loner, escapee type drinker)
so going to these functions and staying sober isn't difficult really. Sure I would love to have one glass of champagne to toast the newlyweds or a glass of wine at one of those "all women wear" parties. LOL
For the most part I can stil have fun AND rib on the friends who do make numnuts of themselves from drinking.. lol
Congrats and keep going!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep moving forward, KT. Recovery is possible
Old 09-20-2007, 07:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Karrottop,

Congratulations on your sobriety...I knew you could do this!!1
Old 09-20-2007, 07:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

KT I know most weddings are the perfect atmosphere to get sloshed. Open bar, c'mon doesn't get much better than that for an alcoholic. Congrats on exercising some willpower and resolve!