Notices

Awesome Trip

Old 08-18-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Awesome Trip

Hey Everyone!!! We're back and had an awesome trip. We got into Myrtle Beach Sunday evening and after we got settled we decided to go find out where I would need to register for the convention. It was 4 hotels down, and the way I knew we were coming to the right one was because they had a welcome reception going on. You know the deal, free food and booze and live music. Well, we didn't really want to hang out, so we found out where I would register, and decided to go find a place for dinner and look for the Alano Club. When we pulled up to the Alano club it was situated between a Baptist Church and a funeral home, and I looked at my wife and said, " This is THE place". I knew at that time that we wouldn't need to seek out any other of the local meetings. We went to meetings each night. They had Alanon meetings going on during the AA meetings, so it worked out perfect for both me and my wife. On the Wed. night I ran into a guy there that I had been in treatment with in 91. He has stayed sober. I shared with him that I had been back out there and how worse things had gotten. We sat and talked for awhile and he shared with me how one of our friends that we were in treatment with had passed of throat cancer. He told me that he had died sober, and on the day that he died he sat up in the hospital bed and started clapping his hands and smiling and then laid back down and died. Our friend had crossed over. These are the kinds of things that God is putting in my life to reassure me that I'm on the right path. I'm a high maintenance drunk and need reassurance and reinforcement on a regular basis. I talked to my sponsor each day while I was out of town and had a number of people that I either called from my home group or who called me each day. Not once did a drink look attractive. Keep doing the deal 24 hours at a time.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

BP44 life is great even with the bad stuff thrown in the mix when sober isn't it!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back!
Kudoos to you and your wife