Notices

Sorry

Old 08-06-2007, 08:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Sorry

I'm still having a difficult time. I'm trying to post and be supportive, I'm sorry if I don't have much to give. I'm at a loss right now..not sure how to get myself out of this darn funk I'm in. I've been off my antidepressant,(don't have insurance right now) finally called the doc last week to fill it, went today to get it and it wasn't called in!!! I cried in the stupid Target pharmacy.

I know that's why I feel how I feel. I'll call the doc tomorrow and see what is up. I also have learned that this feeling is why I drank in the first place.

So, anyway..I hope to be feeling better soon, and able to be more active here (well, and everywhere else for that matter!) soon.

Karen
Old 08-06-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there merlot.. Keep posting!.. This is my first day on the board and as long as I sit in front of this computer I think less about my urges.

Side note from personal experience. If there is anyway to be more consistent with your meds, do it..
Old 08-06-2007, 09:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Karen, no wonder you feel bad coming off ADS like that.

No need for sorry either!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I understand how you're feeling. It's horrible because even if you know why you feel like sh** you still do feel like sh**. I hope you get back to your meds soon. I know when I have gone without mine it's really bad. Thankfully I'm back with health insurance now...never knew how important it would be. But it makes the prospects of changing vocation even more challanging I'm thinking of you. Take care.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

we're here for you, karen. so keep coming back and posting!
hugs, k
Old 08-07-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Karen, I've heard it phrased that in recovery usually 50% of us are sick one day so the other 50% takes care of us. The next day we trade off;-) If we were all sick on the same day it'd be complete chaos:-) Let everyone else love you and support you until you're feeling up to par, that's what we're all here for.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is the thing: I have never, ever, ever reached out when I'm hurting. NEVER. This board is the closest I get to it..it's a huge step for me. I don't know if I don't feel worthy, or I don't want to perceived as a big baby..case in point. Woman last night in the Step meeting HAD HER HOUSE BURN DOWN. Now, to me, that's a really really good reason to ask for help!!! My petty crap is somehow just not worth it. I should just suck it up.

Pilgrim has her thread where she says she doesn't know how to live..and I can totally relate to that. I don't know who I am. I rationalize all this crap and somehow think I should just be able to handle whatever..
Old 08-07-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i think it's hard to reach out too, it makes us vulnerable. i also know there's a lot of folks out there willing to listen and support.

hey karen, you are worth it.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Funk ? Did someone say Funk ?

I hate it when that happens

Here, GET THE FUNK OUT !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTk3b1oH0Co

Old 08-07-2007, 04:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thats awful, not being able to get your medicine. Don't know what I'd do without mine. Its difficult thinking of other people when you're depressed, I remember feeling like I was too busy hanging on for dear life - I could hardly care for myself, let alone anyone else. I remember seeing someone in a wheelchair just getting on with their lives. It made me feel so much worse, so guilty, I didn't have their problems but they were coping so much better than me. I hope you get your antidepressants soon and in the meantime keep posting.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Guys, went to my home meeting tonight. I have the coffee commitment remember? Got there early, set up, started talking to folks while having a cig, that made me feel good..great speaker. Hardly any drunkalog, most of his talk was on the steps and how he did it. What serenity this man had! A picked up her chip for six years..

I just felt so much better afterwards. I love AA. And you guys..

Picking up meds tomorrow. 50 bucks but no kids this week so its leftover time :-). We'll be fine.

I fight against having to take these meds, but I'm telling ya, I finally admit that I have some stupid chemical imbalance and I surrender!!

Thank you for being there.

Karen
Old 08-08-2007, 07:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Hang in there Karen,

You're in my prayers.

Ted
Old 08-08-2007, 10:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you Ted. I'm hanging in..