Notices

I cried

Old 07-31-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I cried

Day 32.

Today I downloaded a collection of Motown hits. I stumbled upon a song I haven't heard for a very long time: Smokey Robinson - The tracks of my tears

While listening to his beautiful voice and the heartbreaking lyrics I started thinking about the past, present and future, the mistakes I made, the possibilities ahead. Then something happened, just like in the song, tears started rolling: I felt alive again, finally feeling emotions again, not the numbness of the hangovers or the fake joy of drunkness.

Just something I wanted to share...
Old 07-31-2007, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No worries,

Just means you are getting your life back thru sobriety.

Intro
Old 08-01-2007, 05:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

One thing sobriety does bring back is real emotions again, for me the longer I am sober the more they come back. When I was trying to stay stopped Martin's way it was always the emotions that took me back to drinking again, I had to learn how to deal with emotions without drinking, I had to learn to forgive myself and others, I had to learn that many times when people hurt me it was because of something I had done to them.

Through working the steps I have learned how to deal with shame, anger, confusion, frustration, hate, love, intolerance............ by working the steps I have learned to deal with life on lifes terms sober, this has led to me being happy with myself and of help to others.

The most important thing I have learned about staying stopped is in order to do so I had to change myself from that person I was who drank to deal with everything in life. Simply not drinking did not change a thing about me as a person, for years I would simply stop drinking and change nothing else about me as a person, the only thing that led to was me drinking again, by changing myself the urge/need to drink has been lifted. Today I am a different man.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

conrgrats on 32 days! your post was touching as we begin to feel again...what a concept that was so ignored in our addiction!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The good news is you get your emotions back.

The bad news is you get your emotions back.

Welcome to humanity.