Notices

Hi all, just needed to vent.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all, just needed to vent.

Hi everyone,

For starters, I wanted to apologize if some of my previous threads have not been the most encouraging. Secondly, yesterday I hit 2 years.

Unfortunately, the night before last our cat got out and we have not seen him since. Everybody in this house is extremely heartbroken. At times like this it is difficult to stay strong with my faith. This really makes me question just how loving God really is.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel for you. I lost my best friend (an orange tabby) of 12 years in early sobriety. God replaced him 2 months later. A kitten showed up at my upstairs apartment at 2:00 AM......She's been with me ever since.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

CD-Congratulations on 2 years! That is quite an accomplishment. I am very sorry to hear that your cat is missing. It hasn't been that long so you still have a good chance of finding him. You will want to check with the lost and found pet registry in your city, I think your local animal shelter can give you information on the best way to look (internet v. newspaper). Was your cat neutered? Un-altered animals are more likely to roam, for obvious reasons. Anyway I don't think it's that uncommon for a cat to run away for a couple days when they happen to escape. They are really, really good at finding their way home. I know a guy who lost his dog recently and like you, he was heartbroken. Well the dog was gone for several days and one day out of desperation he went outside and just started hollering his dog's name...and about 20 minutes later they found him two blocks away from home. So you could very well see your kitty cat again. I really hope you do, I will say a prayer for you!
Old 07-26-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Congratulations on 2 years...you're no longer a sophomore! Our Yorky was mauled to death by a neighbor's dogs a few years ago. It is heart-breaking to lose a pet. Your cat may still pop up, they are resourceful creatures. Best of luck. Mike
Old 07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DKS
Glad to be here

So sorry to hear about your cat! Animals definitely have a way of turning up again, so hopefully your cat will surprise you and come back home soon.

Congratulations on your two years! That's awesome!
Old 07-26-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Congrats on 2 years, CD. A friend of mine said, not long after his thirty year anniversary that the longer he's sober, the shorter the list of things he has yet to face sober becomes -- and the less likely he is to start thinking about a drink when life gets tough.

I'm sorry to hear your cat's missing. You've got some great suggestions to search for him. I lost three pets last winter, all in different ways, all heartbreaking. My border collie, Rosie was first, in early December, followed by two cats, Rosalita, right before Christmas, and Wizard in February. It was tough on all of us. Today is the one year anniversary of my father's death -- and I was with him almost 24 hrs a day for the last month of his life. My husband called me this morning to tell me he found an ad in the paper for puppies. We are now the humans of a very sweet 8 week old border collie puppy, Cassidy Rose. A day that began very somberly took a joyful turn.

I hope you find your cat, CD. Whatever you do, hang in there, keep putting one foot in front of the other, and keep that faith. Those in your home will be even more heartbroken if you lose that, too.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 07-26-2007, 11:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You still have time for your cat to come back home. My last cat disappeared for a week and we were all convinced that she was dead somewhere. One day she just hopped back over the fence and came home. I started bawling when I saw her. There's still time.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
let it grow!

2 years is great! i hope your cat comes back, that is hard. blessings, k