Notices

Hello and check-in

Old 07-27-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello and check-in

Good Morning,

I just wanted to say a hello to this forum. I posted my story on the newcomers forum last week with my story. I've been lurking since then and have been amazed at the amount of information and support on this site.

I am now on my 9th day and have been feeling great. The first 5 days were rough as I was very anxious and had a hard time sleeping, but since day 6 I have been feeling much more relaxed. I decided to lay off caffeine for now as well and I think that has been a good decision.

Last night put my problem into perspective for me. We hung out with some friends and I was offered a drink. I realized that even if I weren't quitting that I probably wouldn't have been interested because there wasn't enough alcohol there to get drunk. In the past I may have accepted if I knew I could then continue drinking when I got home. The important thing though, was that I made it through the night without partaking.

Anyway, I just wanted to remind myself how much I'm enjoying this decision and say thank you to everyone here. Although I haven't been doing a lot of posting this site and the people here have been very helpful in helping me to understand a very dangerous part of my life.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

keep coming back! k
Old 07-27-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to here that you are getting past the tough days. Way to go on nine days. Keep up the good work. Have a safe and sober weekend.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by Thentram View Post
Last night put my problem into perspective for me. We hung out with some friends and I was offered a drink.
I am glad you are sober today. I found that I had to exchange my drinking friends for sober ones when I came in the program. The old addage rings true: if you hang around the barber shop long enough you are sure to get a haircut. (-:
Old 07-27-2007, 04:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Thentram and welcome to your new life in sobriety.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hi, i'm new here too, and to being sober

good luck today
Old 07-27-2007, 11:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How are you guys going? That was a great story about there not being enough alcohol. I had the same on a flight recently. They had the drinks cart out after the dinner (which in itself was weird since I would always need a few before food and then I usually didn't feel like eating) and then they were just giving out one drink and the cart never came back again! I mean what?
Old 07-28-2007, 12:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thentram View Post
Good Morning,

Although I haven't been doing a lot of posting this site and the people here have been very helpful in helping me to understand a very dangerous part of my life.
Hi,

What you said!!! Yes active addiction, mind altering substances, can be dangerous and kill not only the person in addiction, and other innocent people...

Keep posting...We are happy you are here.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

You will NEVER regret not-drinking!

Ted