Notices

Day 55 and I want to drink so badly today ...

Old 05-31-2007, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 55 and I want to drink so badly today ...

Well, not just today, since last Thursday I've had such cravings I can not stand this anymore. I don't know what I'm going to do. I have been to meetings, talked to my sponsor, other supportive people and my home environment is supportive of my sobriety. So why, why do I want to drink so badly it hurts? Someone tell me how I can do this ... please!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
catch-22

by remembering why you wanted to stop drinking in the first place, the misery, the depression, the void, the desperation. Do you really want to get back to all of that? I doubt it. Be strong. I know it's easier said than done, but 55 days is such an incredible achievement. Don't throw it away.

Catch
Old 05-31-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

just hugs, k
Old 05-31-2007, 06:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Hon do as Catch-22 suggested as well as keep up what you have been doing, one other thing to add is go to newcomers meetings and grab a newcomer and and see what you can do to help them. Every meeting you go to throw what you are feeling out on the table.

Hon you are not alone, in early sobriety that happens to an awful lot of us at times. Is thier a coffee shop in your area that AA folks hang out at, we have one in Fredericksburg, they love us and we love them. It seems as though if the shop is open there will be a few AA folks there.

Prayer helps to, it says in the BB that there will come a day when the only thing standing inbetween us and a drink is our HP, mine has not failed me yet, but you really have to lean on your HP for that with the faith that your HP will pull you through.

DO NOT ISOLATE!!!!!!!

Get out and talk to someone, stay on SR, call folks in your network, what ever it takes.

Trust me when I say it will get better, this to shall pass and you will be able to share this with some one else one day that is going through what you are going through right now and help them stay sober.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When all else fails sometimes all we can do is just hang on.

Those feelings will pass. I guarantee it. It won't always be like this.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissKittyLuvs View Post
Well, not just today, since last Thursday I've had such cravings I can not stand this anymore. I don't know what I'm going to do. I have been to meetings, talked to my sponsor, other supportive people and my home environment is supportive of my sobriety. So why, why do I want to drink so badly it hurts? Someone tell me how I can do this ... please!

What I did was to find an Alano club that had meetings every couple hours and stayed there. I talked, prayed, and talked and prayed some more. I just wouldn't allow myself to stay in my own head without someone being there with me. My head just isn't a good place. It's like a bad neighborhood. Best to have company when I go there.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hear all this and agree with it all but I just can't stop these cravings ... I am sitting here contemplating what I want to drink tonight ... beer, margarita's, vodka. I suck, and I can't help myself right now. Hitting two AA's today and praying my a** off. I hope I can pull through this day.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hear all this and agree with it all but I just can't stop these cravings ... I am sitting here contemplating what I want to drink tonight ... beer, margarita's, vodka. I suck, and I can't help myself right now. Hitting two AA's today and praying my a** off. I hope I can pull through this day.

If two meetings doesn't do the trick, try four, six, eight....whatever it takes. Just don't drink. This will pass. Hit your knees and as your HP to take you through this. Just don't drink, even if your ass falls off.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please see if this explains why....

http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm

You too can recover...never give up!

Prayers
Old 05-31-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I love that saying "even if your ass falls off" ... Oh, I will try my best and hope for the correct outcome.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I love that saying "even if your ass falls off" ... Oh, I will try my best and hope for the correct outcome.

That a girl!!! That's all HP wants is that we try our best and "pray" for the correct outcome. I'll pray with you. Ready.....
Old 05-31-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Here is the third for the prayer circle hon, remember you are not alone, just ask for the power to not drink for the rest of the day!

Just don't drink, even if your ass falls off.
Do not forget if your ass falls off to take it immediately to a meeting!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

You can do it. Get your feet busy so your mind can take a rest
Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Miss Kitty Luvs, I'm here with you too. You can do this. Don't give up. Play that drink through all the way to the end.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good luck ... Seeker has a good point... Go do something to get your mind off the drink...

Two hands on your @ss that way it won't fall off... and you can't hold a drink if you got two hands on your @ss...

The serenity prayer and the following little "sound bytes" have really helped me through my cravings...

"This to shall pass"

---The Stockdale Paradox---
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end,
Regarless of the difficulties

AND at the same time

Confront the most brutal facts of your current reality,
whatever they might be

--

For some reason just believing I would make it has been huge...

Believe in yourself! You CAN do it!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

We've all had cravings, and they will pass. You are doing what you need to do. You are sharing your cravings and that gives them less power. Don't drink and go to as many meetings as you have to in a day. Get involved in the meetings. As Taz said,, throw your cravings on the table of AA and leave them there. Go early and stay late. Doing service work always gets me out of me. Tonight at the end of the meeting I asked for a moment of silence for the alcoholic that still suffers and for the ones that won't make it through the night. I will pray that you make it through this 24 hours. Day 56 is waiting for you. Don't quit 5 minutes before the miracle happens. You may even want to look for a meeting that is known for having wet drunks around. Nothing like seeing a good wet drunk to make me grateful for another 24 hours. Hope this helps.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

MissKittyLuvs,

I so much hope that you get through this difficult time, and come out stronger in the end. I hope this isn't off base (as my addiction was not alcohol and was not as bad), but I've read that it is REALLY important to eat 2-3 balanced meals throughout the day, and keep the sugar and coffee intake down. And, a lot of people benefit from getting some exercise, even if it just means a walk in a serene place. If you can, take a friend with you and talk about fun things having nothing to do with drinking.

The AA motto -HALT--never get hungry, angry, lonely or tired seems to help a lot of people. Hang in there!

ted
Old 06-01-2007, 02:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

TODAY IS DAY 56!!! I made it! Thank you all for everything. I say thanks to God every night that I found soberrecovery ... Such great advice and I will use each bit of it!! Yeah! Today is a GREAT day!
Old 06-01-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

misskittyluvs,

this post warms my heart! Thanks for staying with us, and letting us help you.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry I came in so late LOL but way to go MKL !!
D (day 57 and counting....)