Notices

Stressed

Old 05-26-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Stressed

Hey all...

I've been doing really well with this unemployment thing. Going to a meeting every day, which is helping.

I'm realizing that no money will be coming in next week, and I'm getting a bit freaked by it. I have plenty of groceries..but there are a few bills that won't be paid in time, car insurance, 2nd mortgage, etc..I'm not really sure what to do until the unemployment hearing on the 6th of June. A is working, but we'll have to put off her car payment too..

I guess I need some positive thoughts from everyone..

Thanks,

Karen
Old 05-26-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Okay, first sit down (oh you probably are being at the puter, lol). Now take about 10 SLOW DEEP BREATHS.

Now on Tuesday, how about calling the Insurance Company, etc and just explaining that your unemployment check will be there on such and such date, and you just wanted them to know that your payment would be late.

I have found out that by doing that, most people will work with you. When I closed on my house the end of January I ended up short for the bills and such to be paid the beginning of February, so I called each place, told them why I was only sending XXX amount and would catch up in March. Everyone said fine, and thanked me for letting them know.

It should be alright, no need to panic. You and A will be fine. Hang in there it will get better. Remember, when one door closes another one opens and it is usually a better opportunity.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 05-26-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I ditto Laurie....
and have done the same!

I also know many who clean houses
for others and get quick cash.

Talk about your situation in meetings
That is how I find helpers.

Hugs
Old 05-26-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Thanks

Laurie and Carol. Avoiding bills is one of my behaviors when I was actively drinking..its scary to admit to the person on the other line that I can't pay them..
Old 05-26-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with lauries suggestion about calling. Don't walt until the last minute. Call as soon as you can. Try not to worry too much. I am postive that as long as we stay sober and work hard at solutions we will always find a way out. Always.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Worry about you're sobriety. Put it first and foremost.

When I lost my job, I realized God had me fired for a few reasons. One, to show me I'm not irreplaceable (to humble me). Two, to show me I should be grateful for my job, and not b**ch and moan about it. And most importantly, to give me time to go to lots of meetings and recover.

My unemployment came through even though I was fired for drinking consistently on the job. Heck, they called ME. Think God had a little to do with that ?
Old 05-27-2007, 12:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Laurie wrote:
Now take about 10 SLOW DEEP BREATHS.
Then GlassPrisoner wrote:
Worry about you're sobriety. Put it first and foremost.
That ... is most excellent advice.

Once you're breathing (not hyperventilating) and thinking from within SOBRIETY, not just 'not drinking' ... we stop everything. We become quiet .. and we ask our HP .. what is the next right thing.
And no matter what -

we do that.

It's going to be fine....